Honda CB750 Sandcast

Source for 9 hole clutch cover gasket?

Wayne · 8 · 2108

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
As the subject says...anyone know of one? I thought Yamiya would be the spot but I count 10 holes in the gasket they offer. Looked at DSS as well.
[size=

markb

• View Profile
Hmmm.  Am I just dreaming this or does the 10-hole one fit?  In other words, don't the 9 holes in the sandcast cover fit 9 of the 10 holes on the diecast cover.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I guess that makes sense Mark. As usual I over-complicate my thought process!  ???
[size=

vnz00

• View Profile
The 9 hole gaskets do come up NOS on ebay every once in a while. Sometimes they are remnants of a gasket set which still included the 9 hole cover for the earlier models. But you have to look closely as sometimes they aren't marked as such.

Regards Steven.

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
I had the same problem. Search a custom gasket fabrication service.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i made my 9-jole and sump gskts.  the gskt material is available.  i use the covers to trace an outline,  to mark the holes i just use an appropriate sized drill to make a mark.    i have a leather puncher for making holes.  then i take some 6 mm screws/bolts and hold the paper in place and using a hardened dowel (or drill stock will work) and firmly roll or drag the dowel against the paper along the interior aspect (sharp edge corner) of the cover in order to make a mark on the paper.  afterwords i take a medium tip felt pen and trace the mark made by the dowel pin.  i have a very old pair of high quality long narrow blade scissors for cutting the outline and start my cut on the outside portion of the gskt.   for cutting the inside, i use the forementioned scissors when possible or else a medium size pair of nursing bandage scissors.  for around the holes, especially on the inside aspect of the gskt, i use a pair of scissors called a curved iris (curved cuticle scissors.)  for cutting on the inside, i start along side the interior edge, then cut exactly on the mark.  my gaskets come out looking like factory.

you can buy a good set of scissors for general purposes about anywhere.  nursing bandage and curved iris (cuticle) scissors, you should be able to get at a drug store.

without using these three scissors, a drill for marking hole position, a leather punch for making the holes, and a dowel pin to mark the inner aspect of the gasket outline, the job of making a gasket look good will be frustrating and the outcome unsatisfactory.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile