Sam · 26 · 7654

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You would need to ask the seller. He is a member here
Yabba Dabba KP

UK Pete

• View Profile
Does any one know what year they went from double cut to single cut , then to rolled edge, my k0  born on 10/69 has double cut my k1 which was  manufactured 11/70 has both edges rolled
pete

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
as a rule all 1969 manufacture were double cut, All K0 after that were single cut and a fair number of K1 were single cut. The exact VIN when Honda changed from double to single is somewhere between 15000 and 20000 as i understand
Yabba Dabba KP

CBman

• View Profile
Ujeni: Hi, your bike has to have single cut front fender. Donīt buy repop. Buy nice original one, or used one and rechrome it. Original is original.

CBman. I need one as well. Where would you recommend we buy "nice original" one's as opposed to "used" one's? While I'm at it I could use a "nice original" (not used) single cut for 576. ;)

Hi Wayne. I thought nice used original, or used original that needs to be rechromed. I know it is not easy to find really nice used original fender. But there were any for sale in last. But true is, that you have to look at Ebay (and any other web) every day for checking. Same as I do, if I want to find original parts not only for Cbīs. Donīt forget that sandcasts were sold also in Europe, and many dealers still have original NOS parts......... Hard to find, but not impossible.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I got ya now CBman. Near perfect originals are few and far between. The "original" thing is a whole other story. I'm with Steve in that it's only original once. After that, we just try and make them look as original as possible. Front fender is one of my last bolt on items so I'll keep watching. :)
[size=

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
as a rule all 1969 manufacture were double cut, All K0 after that were single cut and a fair number of K1 were single cut. The exact VIN when Honda changed from double to single is somewhere between 15000 and 20000 as i understand

My early 1970 diecast 189xx has double cut
But its a German version with some sandcast parts.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Don R

• View Profile
 My 11/69 build was cut on the back but someone bobbed the front so I can't say on that end.

vnz00

• View Profile
Don,
The way to tell - there should be no hole for the speedo cable grommet on the LHS of the guard. If I remember, that hole came in the same time as the single cut guard.
Regards,
Steven.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
One of the parts lists details the fitting of the cable grommet from VIN 1015593, from which it used to be assumed that the double cut fender became single cut at the same time. There do appear to be a number of genuine double cut fenders WITH cable grommet, hence as KP posted a while back, double cut fenders likely ran to late '69, with VIN numbers past 1015xxx, but probably not after 1020xxx.

Chris R
Chris R.
302/338

vnz00

• View Profile
Cool thanks for clearing up Chris. I checked the parts manual again and there was a change in the fender part number at the same VIN too, to accommodate the grommet.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have a double cut with a factory punched hole and grommet. I also saw one on eBay a few years back. Like Steve I was sceptical until I actually bought one. Good to see the information flow which occurs on this site
Yabba Dabba KP