Honda CB750 Sandcast

Parting out very early vin

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Here's a man that isn't scared to run a real auction!  He's parting out a very early vin sandcast and starting everything at a penny.  I threw down a $50.00 bid on this auction but I know someone will pay much more for this holly grail.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/231060306624?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Anyways, I'm serious about the thumb button for the gas cap if any of you would consider going lite on me with that one. 

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wow! :) I'll have to go the no fill line master cyl. Mine has a scuff in the housing. :/

Often wondered about how we could get members not to "compete" against each other. I guess with so few items being the "hot ticket" it's tough.
[size=

cb7504

• View Profile
The bike looked to be complete and most of it original maybe the owner knows something we don't. They are a salvage business and parting out is what they do. For all those who need a few rare or hard to find parts this is your chance to make it happen. I would have liked to buy the bike complete, to late for that now. Marty K.   

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
wow.  i'll limit my comment to what a shame.  this early vin would be worth more together than parted out.

I was thinking the same..but it's tool late so I guess all we can do is view it as an opportunity. Maybe the same bidder will get cases and frame since they are documented as a pair.

and.... I need that black left hand horn...BAD!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:48:03 am by Wayne »
[size=

CBman

• View Profile
Just thanks this auction, we just know, that the sandy nr.673 came out with TWO Swing arms ....... :o !!!!!

cb7504

• View Profile

Riccardo

• View Profile
It's true, it's an opportunity, but this had a bike to save.
Probably the seller take even less than they could obtain by selling the complete bike.
Anyway, for me it's a sacrilege.
A three-digit bike is always rare.

Riccardo
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

Riccardo

• View Profile
I looked at all the parts for sale, and despite not having the knowledge of many other distinguished members of this club, I can say that the bike was correct with all its original parts, except for some factory updating.
A special look to the left knob, without writes, the same found on my #737.
I can only repeat: what a pity!
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

vnz00

• View Profile
Ill post some pics and this info to the thread I added information to about the round oil filter recall mystery.

This bike appears to have original round oil filter and I believe the matching 14mm bolt. However the carbs, also presumed original given the long choke arm, have caps which  have been replaced under factory recall.

From this I think it's safe to observe the round oil filter was never targeted for recall. The chopper which was on ebay recently with the 400 engine I noted had the same combo of parts.

I don't think parting this bike out is sacrilege - it really gives us all the opportunity to pick up parts we need for us to do a correct restoration. Ie it is a non-enthusiast doing this and it's helping true enthusiasts do what they do best :)

CBman

• View Profile
Shame this bike was parted out. But as vnz00 had said, this is really great oportunity tu buy really original parts, those came with the new bike from the factory. Many of us are saying it is not possible to find these parts, and that it is better to buy replica part. Buying replica parts is not good for keeping the value of the bike. We can see it on Ebay, how many "Sandcasts" were for sale this year.
I canīt remember so many sandcasts for sale just during one year. And we know that prices are not high. No doupt why.
I donīt understand how some owners can produce replica parts and sell them. These owners donīt like the bikes, but only making profit. Sorry, Iīm so emotional.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It won't of course cease to exist. Someone will buy the cases, someone will buy the frame - maybe even the same person. If not maybe it enables a motor without a frame, and / or frame without motor to become "complete" again. It certainly makes a whole host of early parts available to those of us more needy of parts than complete bikes (except maybe a 2 digit or earlier!!!) these days.

Personally I would prefer it not o have been parted given its originality - but its an ill-wind.....

Cheers Chris
Chris R.
302/338

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Go easy on that no fill line master cylinder folks!! ;) ;) ...when i win it I'll sell you one with a bit of a gouge in it!  ;D
[size=

greggo325

• View Profile