Honda CB750 Sandcast

Parting out very early vin

markb

• View Profile
Someone will buy the cases, someone will buy the frame - maybe even the same person.
The same person did get both.  Unfortunately it wasn't me.  :( Congratulations to the winning bidder.  Anyone here?
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

luisgallur

• View Profile
Yes , Luis from Australia . I already have most of the rest of the parts for the bike so will be able to get it all back together . Shame I didn't get the barrels though. Will get Peter Molloy and Dudley Lister  to rebuild the engine with a complete blueprint . I have frame number 957 so should make a nice pair .

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I missed the left horn AND the master cyl. Wasn't my day! :(
[size=

greggo325

• View Profile
I can't believe the barrels went for more than the head.

Bowswell

• View Profile
I add all or most important parts for sale and I have a total of $ 15,237 plus small parts sold at the regular price $ 200 ... so he obtained a little more by selling pieces I think? ???
cb750 k4-06/74
cb750k4 01/74
cb350f 1973
cb400T 1978
vulcan meanstreak

Prospect

• View Profile
Some of the winning bids were shockingly high. The carbs without the cables went for over $898. There were some good deals though. I thought the gauges would go for more along with the 9 hole clutch cover.
Vin 256/106

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think the $$$ sum of all the parts would not have equalled the $value of the sale of the complete bike. Hard to say in the current market. Hard to say really as the $US has increased in value in recent months which dissuades overseas bidders such as myself from going too high. The price paid for some items was very surprising. I see Luis has got himself another project  ;D KP
Yabba Dabba KP

greggo325

• View Profile
I think the $$$ sum of all the parts would not have equalled the $value of the sale of the complete bike. Hard to say in the current market. Hard to say really as the $US has increased in value in recent months which dissuades overseas bidders such as myself from going too high. The price paid for some items was very surprising. I see Luis has got himself another project  ;D KP

It seems at first glance that the complete bike could have brought more than the sum of its parts, and selling it whole may have been an easier endeavor than listing a hundred items.

chrisnoel

• View Profile
I'm sure this frame and cases will rise from the ashes as a complete bike again.  More likely an early Diecast or two could use saving from us than the other way around.  Hope to find one myself someday. 

luisgallur

• View Profile
I went nuts when I restored frame number 957 buying all manner of Sandcast parts off Fleabay so I can take what I have bought today and build an almost correct very early Sandcast what I dont have I willswap from 957 and keep an eye out . I have a set of pre recall carbs with 26 stamps and the small diameter cable. Early wrinkle tank , early NOS airbox , Lotus root exhausts , early black master  cylinder , wiring loom, instruments, brakes ,ducktail seat (red foam ) , double cut fender , correct tail light, correct shocks ,etc etc Ill get there eventually.Have  been waiting for an auction like this to get all the bits onto a bike !
Luis

CBman

• View Profile
What value do you think this bike will have when selling complete ??? Or how much would you pay for it ?

luisgallur

• View Profile
I am taking a very long term view on this  . I will get my money back . If you pay too much you can rationalise by saying you bought too early . In Australia a three digit Sandcast should be worth well over $20,000 . Sandcasts as well as K0's ( K's) are relatively rare in Australia as the US market sucked nearly all of the supply in 69-70. With attention to detail and all the correct parts a pristine example should be worth over $30,000 , there is however a limited number of buyers at that price here . Certainly unlikely to get that price on EBay . Most likely my Sandcasts will be my children's problem can't think why I would be a in a hurry to sell them . Very little holding costs , you can ride and polish your investment whilst grinning  , likely to outperform inflation and no capital gains tax here . Sold all my shares got sick of being misinformed by stockbrokers and scammed by insider trading .

Get On A Honda and Go ! Greatest motorcycle manufacturer of all time .

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
I add all or most important parts for sale and I have a total of $ 15,237 plus small parts sold at the regular price $ 200 ... so he obtained a little more by selling pieces I think? ???

If you substract the labor costs, he should be better off with selling that bike.

It's ridiculous that Sandcasts will be sold in parts and at the other hand, they will be rebuilt with different parts. That's the recycling of a sandcast

fire ball bike

• View Profile
was it just me or did the seller not list the forks and exhaust flanges and clamps

Prospect

• View Profile
I was going to bid on the chain guard but it didn't look correct for a sandcast. Can anyone confirm?
Vin 256/106