Honda CB750 Sandcast

6457 naked

4pots1969

• View Profile
KP and members.
If you find any other inconsistency, please let me know.
Thanks.
Marcello [/quote]

Hello Marcello,
Why do we see elements of K1/K2?
But maybe of the provisoir?
Thanks, Gerard

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Dear Gerard;

Some parts are "provisoire" or incorrect and are beeing changed right now, like the motor oil cap (i did not noticed that the sandcast was different and installed a new wrong part), alternator cover (is a third type, not the second type), the transmission cover (this is a K0 cover and is different inside), stop switch spring, front whell axel (the sandcast axel was assembled in my K6 and vice versa, erroneously). The helmet hook, welded by the pre owner, was removed.
My motor has an oil leak and next week i will change the studs by APE heavy duty and I will also use the nut caps with copper sealing washers on cylinder head.  My bike had a K2 type clutch basket, I bought a K0 clutch basket and also will change this. The only think that will not be correct will be the nut caps/cooper washers but in my opinion it is worth.

If there is something more please tell me.

Thanks.

Marcello
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:54:12 pm by Marcello Tha »

4pots1969

• View Profile
Hi Marcello,

I also see the Box batterie, the lock of seat, the clamp tachometer cable (on the horn)
For the copper slices I am also going to make him with nuts domed.

All the best for you!!
Regards Gerard

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Dear Gerard;

I knwen about the seat latch and forget to add this on the other post but not about the box battery and the clamp.

The original battery box was in very bad conditions and when I purchased a substitute I did not noticed that were differences. I will recuperate the old one.

The clamp was the same think, I bought the wrong clamp.

Someone need K1 onward parts?

Thanks Gèrard.

Marcello

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Dear Gérard;

It is a concensus that the caliper bracket is not painted?

If the caliper bracket is not painted it is clearcoated or has natural finish?

Thanks.

Marcello

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:11:52 pm by Marcello Tha »

4pots1969

• View Profile
Dear Marcello,

The Holder caliper ( 45115-300-030 ) must be painted in grey metal satiny as the CALIPER A and B (45101-300-033 and 45102-300-033)
The JOINT caliper holder (45104-300-040) is not painted, He remains raw in natural finish.

Gerard
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:35:11 am by 4pots1969 »

kmb69

• View Profile
Marcello,

All of mine appear to be painted. Maybe a little off color from the holder and caliper. Welcome input from others.

Keith
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:38:09 pm by kmb69 »

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
I don't see any reason for the joint holder be unpainted and the holder painted.
The reasonable to me seem that both were painted or unpainted.
The pin caliper holder is greased? If yes the correct would be that both were not painted?

Marcello

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
232 - raw caliper, painted caliper holder
2157 - painted caliper, painted caliper holder
4363 - raw caliper, painted caliper holder

i see no signs any finish or paint was used, disturbed or removed on both halves (Caliper A/Caliper B) of calipers on 232 and 4363.  i have seen other sandcast calipers raw; unpainted and appearing unmolested.  Given my keen 20/20 vision at 2 inches, i'm led to believe 232 and 4363 calipers were unpainted from factory.  One would think there should be at least a trace of paint on these calipers, there is no evidence of any paint.  i have heard some people say 'sandcast' calipers were always painted.  Given 2157 has a painted caliper, it raises a question why 2157's caliper is painted and the other 2 have no trace of paint.

i have not yet seen a raw caliper holder; only painted.  i have seen caliper holders where the paint is degraded, chipped, or flaking.

It would be good to hear from other members in order to make the best consensus decision.

4pots1969

• View Profile
In any case it is very simple : For them who want that is painted the comb but it is necessary to know that this part has never had a paint has the origin. And no more on the K1 where the K2..

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:15:24 pm by 4pots1969 »

kmb69

• View Profile
Steve,
You are throwing a new wrinkle in the fray - unpainted calipers? The original question was if the 45104-300-040, "JOINT, CALIPER HOLDER", was painted. I have not closely examined all of mine, but the ones I looked at appear to be painted. Gerard's pictures appear to be unpainted.
Keith

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:59:27 am by kmb69 »

kmb69

• View Profile
Noooo, not bad Steve. But do you paint your joints or not?  ;) :D ;D
For real, unpainted calipers?  ???

Erling

• View Profile
My brake parts looks like in lower picture in answer 51! Little scratches or deterioration of alu? Have not really an eye for these things. Front wheel was only in use for the first couple of month, Over the winter was fitted the 10" Münch drum brake previous on my BMW. In the summer I went to Fontana in Milan/Italy for a 250mm Ø 4 leading shoe brake. Next spring I ran into him on the camping in Salzburg. Was there for the MotoGp of that time. Asked him in my best italian if he would like to see his brake on my Honda? Yes indeed he would like to, and in fluent english. In the first place he did not answer several letters in english asking for the brake! So I had to learn italian I thought. He immediatly pointed out to me the brake cables were wrong set up. It would not brake even! a problem I had wondert about why it did. He explained how to, and I made that when home. It worked well after that. Never met him again! Since then parts for original brake have been stored. A question arises for me. Mirrors? Owners manual have 2 on front page but inside are only one mirror, and my cb750 was delivered without! there is even a plug in the thread on the brake grip.  Dealer told me there were no mirrors for this model! Might that be why some say there are different stem diameter on same bike. After mounting while only one from new? In the day did not use them. Took 10 kmh off top speed on my previous 42 bhp BMW!   
            Erling.