Honda CB750 Sandcast

6457 naked

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You will notice on this bike that there is no paint on the arm holder. I have checked 3 calliper assemblies I have and all are unpainted on this part. KP
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB-1969-honda-cb-750-sandcast-cb-750-sand-cast-motorcycle-/171351093502?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27e55230fe&item=171351093502&pt=US_motorcycles
Yabba Dabba KP

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Searching JTMarks NOS parts on ebay I found a caliper joint unpainted and a caliper holder painted.

Marcello
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:17:17 pm by Marcello Tha »

4pots1969

• View Profile
For the first photo, paint where not paint? It is difficult to me to say it..
For the second photo there is no paint, it is a certainty..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:53:12 am by 4pots1969 »

4pots1969

• View Profile
We can sometimes see a new part planned to be painted to find itself without paint (45115-300-030)...
It can arrive and it is logical, because a new part can have been forgotten to be painted..
On the other hand you will never see a new part planned by origin without paint by HONDA (45104-300-040) to find itself with the paint, it is impossible!!
You will never see this new part with the paint because it was not registered in the rigorous specifications of HONDA for the CB750..
If you see a part used (45104-300-040) with the paint, it is because she was painted but certainly not by the factory HONDA..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:31:35 am by 4pots1969 »

CBman

• View Profile
Not only NOS parts, but also joint holder from the bike is NOT painted, and caliper holder IS painted. So in this case I agree with Gerard.

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Hear goes photos from #6457. There are some thinks, like the alternator and sprocket covers that will be redone. I'd like that members helps me fiding inconsistences that still exist. Please, these information are very important to me. I would like to thank all members, specialy Steve Swan,  that helped me a lot. In my opinion, my resto fortunaly will never end, that's the great pleasure.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:25:33 pm by Marcello Tha »

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
More photos.

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
More photos.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 10:19:11 pm by Marcello Tha »

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
More photos.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:42:49 am by Marcello Tha »

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
More photos.

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
More.

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Fellas, i am disapointed, i'd like to have informations about some inconsistences. Please I have sandcast fever and wanna let my bike the best that I can do.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Fellas, i am disapointed, i'd like to have informations about some inconsistences. Please I have sandcast fever and wanna let my bike the best that I can do.

1.  Rubber boots on spark plug caps not period correct original
2.  seat foam should be all red, i'm fairly certain
3.  ferrules on speedo/tach cables should be short i believe  (i turned long ferrules to short in my lathe.)

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
One of the best I've seen.
Other than the items Steve observed, all I could observe would be the green gaskets, and the later type airbox to carb rubbers with lip in front of the airbox bands.

Great job.

Chris
Chris R.
302/338