Honda CB750 Sandcast

6457 naked

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Thanks Steve and Cris. I will post soon photos showing the inconsitences found.

Marcello
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:30:07 pm by Marcello Tha »

4pots1969

• View Profile
Marcello, your bike is Superb.!! Lots of passion and sweat emerge from these pictures...
For me too, the horrible green gaskets which should not beings.
You all know my allergy to these green gaskets... >:( >:(
However for me the seat foam would be good, it was not red everywhere..
I find that the aluminum engine covers are too dull, too mat... And it gives sadness for a whole..
The engines in 1969 were slightly more sparkle in my opinion to be able to attract buyers...
But maybe it's the rendering of pictures?
There are no washers on the screws of the stops of the swing arm...(just for the critic!!!) :D ;)
You are not very far from the absolute truth... ;) ;)

Gerard
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:05:38 am by 4pots1969 »

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Thanks Steve, Cris and Gerard, I thing that I'm crazy, but I already bought all the missing parts, the tacho and speedo cables with the correct ferrules, the correct period spark plug and airbox rubbers. The covers will be refinished shiny. The seat foam I think that's correct. Now I have to wait two months for the parts to post the final work. Someone can tell me the valve cover gasket color?

Marcello

4pots1969

• View Profile
Marcello, for all engine covers, all joints are black... Originals Honda... And if we want to go further into the details, should also be that the dough has silicone used for assembling the two cranckase either color alu like the original in 1969... And of course, after. For that either completely invisible when it is finish.. Never of dough joined red or black for the Cranckase...
But this is only good advices to avoid unpleasant surprises when it is finish...
Gerard
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:31:29 am by 4pots1969 »

DW69K0

• View Profile
Marcelo,
It does not look like the top front brake is routed through the center of the triple tree, but it is really hard to tell from the photos.
Gorgeous bike! You have invested a lot of time and money to bring her back.
Nice work,
DW