Honda CB750 Sandcast

cb750sandcastonly Parts Discount Poll

736cc · 7 · 3709

736cc

• View Profile
We are in process of ordering several sets of "no number" unstamped exhaust pipes from Japan. Somebody over there has an inside contact at Honda's exhaust sub-contractor and takes pipes off the assembly line before they get stamped on them the politically correct (and for us, incorrect) paragraphs, HM300 lettering and brake pedal indent. Apparently, these have been sporadically available for a year or 2. Back-door pipes I call them. Exact price will depend on how many we buy at once. They cost nearly double than a new normal factory set from Honda (list $1000 +-) but a quantity discount will save a considerable amount. Lets have a "show of hands" from members ready and willing to commit X amount of $ for this. Nobody makes any profit from this other than Japan supplier. A sample set is enroute soon. Somebody in States already has a couple of sets, nobody I know has seen them.

736cc

• View Profile

chrisnoel

• View Profile
I'm painfuly out of this deal for the seeable future.  Can I get them latter even if it costs me more?

Maybee when I'm ready a round two group purchase will be underway. If this thing works out I may put off the paint work on mine in order to save for the pipes.

I was already planning to sell me dear SUZI in order to finance the paint.

elisent

• View Profile
Damn, A day late and a dollar more. I've already ruined a set of PC stamped pipes to rechrome as unmarked. Even fixed the header pipe for no indent. I knew it was only a matter of time. I have to learn to be more patient.

736cc

• View Profile

elisent

• View Profile
So far so good Andy. Have not sent to be chromed as I won't need them for awhile. As this is a restored bike and I am no way representing these pipes as originals I prefer to call them repops not forgerys. All I know is that it will cost me way more than if someone just repoped the pipes. Those old unmarked originals should probably be saved for original bikes at this point in time. I still have an original post war chief Nelson exhaust that I'm saving in case I ever find an original bike. I would never use it on a restored bike. Just a waste of history. Besides the obvious mounting differences to an expert they look as good as new 300s with the markings filled in and the indent gone. I stripped the chrome, I metal filled all the politically Correct verbage then sanded smoothe. Very time consuming. Very passable for a Resto. Eli