Honda CB750 Sandcast

Cush drive Question (resolved)

Don R · 4 · 2449

Don R

• View Profile
 What is the change number for the cush drive between the clover shape and the asymmetrical shaped rubbers?  My sandcast's rear wheel was on a Drag bike and the sandcast had a 16" rim. (same owner)
 I put the rolled rim back on the sandcast and the 16"er on the drag bike but want to be sure the clover shaped rubbers go on the sandcast bike too. Both are two hole hubs and appear to be the same.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:57:36 pm by Don R »

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
All sandcasts were factory fitted with the "clover" leaf shaped rubbers, the later (4 "fat" and 4 "thin") set up appearing some way into K0 production, I think December ish of '69 (VIN 1016997 according to one of my parts lists.

Cheers - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

Don R

• View Profile
 Thanks, that makes sense. I think my diecast had them at 1014100 in the lester mags. I'll be sure 5511 gets it's clovers back, they were on the bike but with a 16" rim, the PO moved the sandcast rim to his dragbike, I had to buy it too, for the rim.

Don R

• View Profile
 I got the original 2 hole hub with the symmetrical cush drive rubbers and the rolled edge rim back together. New spokes and a chrome job it looks right on the sandcast now.
 The leftover rim was a 16". I reused the stainless spokes on a 4 hole hub, I put a 16x5 slick on it and put it on the dragbike. The dragbike doesn't care about originality except original race parts.