Honda CB750 Sandcast

double cut Q?

Don R · 7 · 1072

Don R

• View Profile
 I was on ebay looking at the Vietnam double cut front fenders. I see different prices and wonder if there is a quality difference and how they compare to Yamiya.   Any recent experience?

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ash in the UK is the man to ask. My understanding is Yamiya has his made in Vietnam
Yabba Dabba KP

Ferenz62

• View Profile
Hi, about 6 years I had one bought in Vietnam..., it was acrapwhich did not fit, full of noticiable dings etc...and it now hangs on the ceiling in my workshop, a s a reminder never try to buy cheap, if you have better options...like these from Yamiya. Maybe they are better now, but if not???
Greetings from Germany... Tom

acruz

• View Profile
I'm wondering if anyone has modified a k1 front fender.  It seems like you could have the front and rear rolled edged cut sharply and make it look like a double cut fender.

4pots1969

• View Profile
Personally, I think it's better to modify an original part when possible rather than buying a bad reproduction
of Vietnam... So yes, it is surely possible to do so provided you redo the chrome plating of the mudguard ... :D
And if you are convinced that your Sandcast is more authentic afterwards, then that is the only thing that matters and this perfect! :) ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 06:26:19 am by 4pots1969 »

Don R

• View Profile
 I was hoping to hear they  found the Honda tooling and these are now just like new oem, or at least much improved since the original posts. 
  I made a 9 bolt clutch cover once, a couple guys wanted one and I got hate mail from others.  It did look and work right and completed an engine that I drove halfway across the country to get other parts for.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Modified K1 / K2 fenders do not look correct as removing all the front and rear bead to leave only the straight edge bead causes them to be noticably shorter than the original double cut item.
I have a Vietnam replica on my rider sandcast - for the price it is okay on such a bike (which also has better rear shocks, modern tyres,...) which over the last 30 years and 120,000 miles has been in two incidents which damaged the front fender. The Vietnam fender is (for me) however not good enough for a restored bike as the edge bead appears hand formed and the rivets securing the fender to its mounting stay are too large and in different positions as compared to the originals.
Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338