Honda CB750 Sandcast

The Sandcast after The Sandcast... A myth?? No, just a reality!!

4pots1969 · 99 · 36318

benjixt

• View Profile
You Can Also see that the engine case are NOT Paint ..
Like all Sandcast deliver New in 69 and 70...

;) ;)

4pots1969

• View Profile
Here is another Sandcast E-1017180, this picture was communicated to me by Benjixt and I thank him...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:11:11 pm by 4pots1969 »

4pots1969

• View Profile
Hi Michael,
Yes... it seems to be correct, but it is not perfect because there are some errors, the Candy Gold could be correct, because this bike has a registration that certainly dates from the month of April 1970 knowing that the first 750 K0's Candy Gold arrived in France during the month of February 1970 ...
And only the French Sandcast series 14000 and 17000 for some had Candy Gold colors...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 12:26:25 pm by 4pots1969 »

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I am not experienced in these rare French sandcasts, but I see a few things that look incorrect to me:

• The tank strips (plastic at the bottom of the tank) look like the K1 version.
• The front fender should be a single-cut based on the vin number (I think). My 16xxx diecast has a single cut front fender for example. Perhaps someone can tell us exactly when they dropped the single cut fenders?
• My understanding is that Honda did not release the candy gold color until somewhere around 19xxx. Again, perhaps this is different because it is a "french sandcast"?

It is a beautiful bike though. Worth the money in my opinion!
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

4pots1969

• View Profile
To answer your mail Michael, the biggest problem, compared to the photo in the book, is that it no longer has its original exhaust pipes which were HMCB750 (very rare) and there at better, we have HM300 and at worst HM341,  
it has kept its clutch cover 9/10 which is good, when we know that 7414 has received the same clutch cover 9/10, which proves that the Honda factory was already short of 9-hole clutch cover in November 69, it's a little crazy ...
The protection grids of the pots are also to change, the face of the speedometer is not good, the price must be able to negotiate a little more than 20,000 € I think, but these French Sandcasts are rarities and it is important to consider in your offer...

A French proverb : It is better to have remorse than regrets !!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 06:46:22 am by 4pots1969 »

Michael

• View Profile
Thank you guys for your replies. I hope to have the chance to visit the bike the next few weeks. Then I will have a look...

It is definitely an interesting bike...

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The very first post is no longer there as far as I can see/find. This all began when I was sent a photo of a bike that looked to have a sandcast engine (by who is but a distant memory). There were several photos sent by a member (I cannot remember) but were not enough to confirm the existence of such a bike. I do recall sending an email to a person in France to see if further information could be found. I do remember (I think) Chris Ruston being part of the discussion and it was thought that Chris may be able to arrange a visit to the owner if he was able. This was all pre November 2011 and I can say unequivocally there was a lot of doubt expressed at the time. The only reference we can see is the post on November 3 by philcad750 that sheds some light on this but there was a lot of discussion pre this post.
The "French Sandcast" category had not been begun at this time as there was very little info available Maybe Wayne can restore the gallery photos and original posts from the time. Maybe all this original info is retained in the archives of earlier forum postings. I think it was advanced by Phil and Gerard some time later and their efforts were instrumental in getting some serious discussion started on this topic The rest is more or less what we now have. I think Chris R can shed more light on this question Steve. My memory is not so clear that I can attest to the accuracy of all I've posted here.

I have never deleted any posts or threads that had valuable information, only ad related posts or spam. Our old Gallery had a vulnerability and was compromised more than once. I had to remove it or our host, StartLogic was going to disable our account as we use shared server space. I went through my archives and did find my backup...and these French Sandcast photos I backed up in 2016. I assume they were added to the gallery at an earlier date.

[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
The very first post is no longer there as far as I can see/find. This all began when I was sent a photo of a bike that looked to have a sandcast engine (by who is but a distant memory). There were several photos sent by a member (I cannot remember) but were not enough to confirm the existence of such a bike. I do recall sending an email to a person in France to see if further information could be found. I do remember (I think) Chris Ruston being part of the discussion and it was thought that Chris may be able to arrange a visit to the owner if he was able. This was all pre November 2011 and I can say unequivocally there was a lot of doubt expressed at the time. The only reference we can see is the post on November 3 by philcad750 that sheds some light on this but there was a lot of discussion pre this post.
The "French Sandcast" category had not been begun at this time as there was very little info available Maybe Wayne can restore the gallery photos and original posts from the time. Maybe all this original info is retained in the archives of earlier forum postings. I think it was advanced by Phil and Gerard some time later and their efforts were instrumental in getting some serious discussion started on this topic The rest is more or less what we now have. I think Chris R can shed more light on this question Steve. My memory is not so clear that I can attest to the accuracy of all I've posted here.

I have never deleted any posts or threads that had valuable information, only ad related posts or spam. Our old Gallery had a vulnerability and was compromised more than once. I had to remove it or our host, StartLogic was going to disable our account as we use shared server space. I went through my archives and did find my backup...and these French Sandcast photos I backed up in 2016. I assume they were added to the gallery at an earlier date.

Wayne, uda man!  Accolades to Gerard for his ever-fascinating thread!