Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast and Diecast gauge colors

DW69K0 · 6 · 2454

DW69K0

• View Profile
Does anyone know when the gauge faces, specifically the tachometers changed to the green color instead of redline color? I see a lot of supposed green gauge faces advertised as Sandcast gauges. My 70 K0 has the green faces and my Sandact has the redline tachometer face. Are the green faces on the 70 K0 tach just faded?

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Faded, yes.  Keep the original faded if you have them as, well everything original may be even more rare than it is now. 

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Does anyone know when the gauge faces, specifically the tachometers changed to the green color instead of redline color? I see a lot of supposed green gauge faces advertised as Sandcast gauges. My 70 K0 has the green faces and my Sandact has the redline tachometer face. Are the green faces on the 70 K0 tach just faded?
Can you put some photographs up so we can identify what you have Sounds like you have K1 gauges
Yabba Dabba KP

DW69K0

• View Profile
KP, photos are attached-
These photos are off my Diecast 1970 K0 tachometer and have cast housings, see the green color of the tach redline RPM areas, I assume this gauge is just faded and would have been bight red/orange when the bike was new even though it is all green. This bike has 17,000 miles on it and appears all original. My Sandcast bike's tachometer is red/orange. I assume the "all" green tachometers were never offered on any K0 series is that correct?
Thanks much!

cb7504

• View Profile
Tachometer red line has just faded over time. The green color is the under coating you see after the red has faded off. All sand cast and K0 original tachometer gauges have the red/orange tachometer red line area. Marty K.

DW69K0

• View Profile