Honda CB750 Sandcast

Registry Page

Wayne · 33 · 12175

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Working away on the "Registry". No big changes really. Please check that your information, email etc. is current. Thanks!

http://cb750sandcastonly.com/new_template/registry.htm
[size=

Joe K

• View Profile

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile

markb

• View Profile
I have thought that the Registry and the VIN Directory could be combined.  There are many owners that have multiple bikes in the Directory but it seems that at least some of them are only listed once in the Registry.  Just a thought.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have thought that the Registry and the VIN Directory could be combined.  There are many owners that have multiple bikes in the Directory but it seems that at least some of them are only listed once in the Registry.  Just a thought.

I had thought about that as well. The Registry is sorted by date the Member joined. The VIN directory from lowest to highest VIN. I guess the question would be, is the Registry redundant in that Members are probably registered via this board and also in the VIN Directory? Thoughts anyone?
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
from a historical standpoint, fwiw, the registry was intended to record membership.  the vin directory was to intended to record all known vins.

the 2 have been confusing ever since.

in the true sense of the word we are not a club.  SOOC has no benefits of 'membership' an actual club provides.  no membership cards, no shows, no rides, dues, clothing, coffee cups, pins, etc.  we do have the forum, but i believe anyone can read the forum with out 'joining".  on the other hand, the AMA recognized us as a club and gave us the privilege of hosting the Classic Club at the 2009 VMD.

i don't know how important it is to people to have a membership number.  some it probably matters and others could care less........ ?

if one can figure out how to combine the two, great.  if not, then one of them should go, it makes sense the registry, as i would certainly think we want to keep recording every known vin that we find.

on another note.....  i wonder how many sandcasts we don't know of that exist in Japan....  

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I just very quickly made a template. We would list all the VIN's currently in the Directory and set the tables up like this. If you want your name public with your VIN, consider yourself a Member? I like the idea of setting it up lowest to highest VIN.
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
i would suggest and feel it's important, sandcast vins are separate from die cast vins.

Agreed as this is the "sandcast" side of the house.
[size=

cb7504

• View Profile
I agree with Steve's comment suggesting, sand cast vins are separate from die cast vins. Marty K.

cb7504

• View Profile
I like the idea of the registry in the order of the date a person (member) wanted to be part of the forum similar to what it is now. Under each person/member a list with his vins can be added one for sand cast and another for K0's. 
   Steve i know of at least eleven (11) sand cast bikes in Japan.  Marty K. 

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think that a numbering from low to high (sandcast), low to high (diecast) with the French machines also being recorded is a good idea I'm not too fussed about a registry any longer as we are all participants. I do like the idea of adding some additional detail to the directory although I'm not sure what extra that is.
I'm not a fan of names being placed in the directory as ownership changes and over the years all the detail becomes blurred. Face it we are not growing young. I'm all for including the salient detail, maybe include location and then leave it up to the individual to sort. One thing I do have concerns about is recording bitsa bikes. Does an engine and frame (with not much else) constitute a bike or an assemblage of 2 parts. I believe we should clearly articulate if a bike is complete or a relic of its former glory.

Here is a thought. Is it possible that a template can be developed so that the individual owner adds the detail and then uploads. For example we have a set menu for some items such as the CB750-100____ for engine number All the fields must be completed. Color could be the 3 original and the 4th choice is other You get the drift. Thus, it is a consistent set of data with a word limit field for other information ................. Just a thought
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OK, I think what I'm hearing is that the "Registry" page can go and we consolidate information in the "VIN" Directory" page or whatever we choose to call it. KP brings up some good points when it comes to relics vs complete bikes. How do we want to handle this? I'm assuming when the directory was implemented it was to identify every "sandcast" engine found out there??

So if we ARE going to go with a new consolidated page let's identify the information we want to collect. Don't worry about the K0 diecast stuff for now. When I do the K0 side of the house we'll enter that information there.

KP, for now I want to get the current information migrated over to the new format and get the site up and running. For the future I do intend to use forms where I can so users can submit information like you suggested. First we need to identify the fields we want to display and make sure that works for us over time. When it comes to building a form, database etc. as you suggested, I only want to do that once. I don't mind re-doing a page manually with some cut and paste. :)

So give me the fields gents, from left to right. What information would you like to collect?

[size=