Honda CB750 Sandcast

91 Differences

kp · 9 · 2902

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Over the years I've done my bit for the site but have in recent years not been too involved other than doing additions to the directory etc. I'm thinking over the next year I would like to do a pictorial page of all the 91+ differences. Trouble is I don't have all the items needed to do such a catalogue. I do have a fair bit of early items  ;D but not all. I will need to have pictures of good quality items and the stuff I have may not necessarily be top shelf.
Do people think this is a worthwhile exercise  ??? and who can assist or wants to be involved. Mr Swan, Mr Buettner and Mr Rushton; are you fellas interested  :o
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great idea KP! I'm kind of already on it. When we get down to brass tacks on the "Technical" area of the site all "Distinctions" - changes etc will be documented as thoroughly as possible, including images.

Have a look. Under "Details" to the right will be the links to the images and further documentation.

Anything underlined is a good link and contains information - images. It's going to be a bit of work and I am going to need input from SME's as well as high quality images.

http://cb750sandcastonly.com/new_template/parts_distinctions_engine_1.htm
[size=

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It would be good to have pictures of all of this kind of stuff. If I have pictures, they are yours; just need to know which ones you are missing.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

cb7504

• View Profile
Wayne i can assist with providing pictures. Marty K.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great stuff! My plan is to transfer all content from the existing site to the new format, including the existing Technical area. Some of the "distinctions" will be washed out there and identified. Once I have that completed I would like to "cut over" to the new site. After that, we go through the list of distinctions one by one and get them into the appropriate category etc. Yikes! ;) It won't be that bad!  :o
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 07:02:52 pm by Wayne »
[size=

markb

• View Profile
Sounds great.  I've been taking pictures to document the distinctions on #97.  As far as I'm concerned I've shared them and they belong to everyone.  It seems like they would be easy to copy but I'm more than happy to provide any info and pics you need.  Just let me know. 
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Riccardo

• View Profile
It's a great idea, all the differences will be an active link.
Waine  can you creat a dedicated email address where send the pics?
Every email must objected with the number "#"  of the difference interested.
So will be very easy the classification with the numeric order trought the emails title.
Riccardo
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Any pictures / information pertaining to the new site and distinctions can be sent to:

sandcast750@gmail.com

Please make the pictures as clear / good resolution as possible.

Please provide clear information as to what I'm looking at. If you want to make duplicate images and mark one up with details, measurements or whatever that can make my life easier as well. I'll use that information to add the details to the mater images in my format.

Thanks! :)

PS: Remember...my first objective is to move the information we have on the current site into the new format. After a review, the new site will go "live". Subsequent to that, we can start to enhance with the additional "distinctions", new information and enhancements.
[size=