Honda CB750 Sandcast

K0 carbs - overflow tube?

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Had the K0 sand- or diecast those tube overflows? In some pictures I see them, in some I donīt.
My 12xxx diecast has none.

CMS says from 1029794 upwards

Guide for the overflow tube from 1068376 upwards

Is that correct?
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

corsa65

• View Profile
E 1682 has them. Cast date 5/23 but the frame 1630 has a date of 12/69 which might explain a late application. I just vapor blasted the bowls with good results. Don't tell me I have the wrong carbs. ???

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
what are both you referring to ?  float bowl OVERFLOW tubes ?    OR..... carburetor body VENTS ?  both can accommodate hoses.

pinback used the term OVERFLOW, which for me references the float bowl.  overflow is the Honda term used in parts books for the float bowl overflow tubes.

per Honda parts book, "overflow tubes" are not shown in the early 69 parts books.  in fact, the early books show no tubes for overflow but also no side vent tubes.  K1 parts books call for "overflow tubes" be used beginning E29,794.  Do either you guys have parts books to reference ?  the 71 parts book shows side vent tubes in the sketches, but does not reference the vent tubes with a description or a part number.

corsa65

• View Profile
You are right, I wasn't reading carefully. I was just thinking about the tubes. My carbs don't have overflows but they do have vent body tubes and these are not shown in my April 69 parts book either.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Thats exactly what I meant, Stefe. Tubes on those bowls.

16290-300-000

Shown in the parts list under cb750.  Not staed from which VIN unwards.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:03:18 pm by Sgt.Pinback »
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Parts bulletin #750-30 (dated July 31 1970) states the Overflow Tube Assembly to have been applied form engine number CB750E-1029794.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile