Honda CB750 Sandcast

Rolled Rim Repair

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
good question.  about the only way to know would be to have the rim to inspect first hand.  i would guess there is more thin areas in addition to the 2 pin holes.  on the other hand, my experience, anything can be repaired, if one throws enough money at it.  i guess it could be worth the gamble to buy the rim, take it to a competent welder and see what he says.  i don't have any first hand experience saving rusty rims.....

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Is it a rolled rim is the question and why has it not been bought if it is. Doesn't looked rolled to me
Yabba Dabba KP

kmb69

• View Profile
Appears rolled to me. Also a 2 hole hub with symmetrical dampers. It's been sold.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i thought it looked rolled to me also, but the pictures weren't close to ideal to make an iron clad judgement.  So, Marcello, did you win it ?

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
i thought it looked rolled to me also, but the pictures weren't close to ideal to make an iron clad judgement.  So, Marcello, did you win it ?

Dear Steve, I did not bid cause I thought that the rim were not safe to ride.

Marcello

kmb69

• View Profile
I did not bid either. Too far gone in my opinion.
I could use a few for my fleet. It's a shame so many were tossed in favor of a 16" hogly looking wheel.  >:( >:( >:(