Honda CB750 Sandcast

HM300 vs. HMCB750 (no 341)

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
That would be interesting.

I have some spare ("German") KO (diecast) carbs here and may have a look as well.

There is a number on the needle? I assume it is shorter/longer (?) Or are there other jets (bigger/smaller) ?

I thought that european setting was due to high speed needs.

Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

ashimotok0

• View Profile

I have some spare ("German") KO (diecast) carbs here and may have a look as well.

There is a number on the needle? I assume it is shorter/longer (?) Or are there other jets (bigger/smaller) ?

I think the Jets in the kits are the same but the needles are different.

Cheers ... AshD

benjixt

• View Profile

I think the Jets in the kits are the same but the needles are different.

Cheers ... AshD

+1

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I have 4 NOS sets of carb needle kits which I bought in error to be used evidently with the German etc. exhausts. Wonder why they had a variation in exhaust types for these markets. Do you know Chris?

Cheers... AshD

Please can you give me the number engraved on the needle

Thank you

Guess it was something to do with noise restriction then and explains the needle sets I have. They would have been used for the different carburation needed for the more restrictive exhausts.

The P/N of the kit is 16012-300-611.  I will try to read the number but they are in unopened Honda packaging containing needle, jet and little circlip.

Cheers ... AshD

The needle has this engraved on it 271301. with No 'K' Keihin mark but are in genuine Honda bags (jets have no markings)
The original used ones from my 9/69 diecast carbs are marked K27201

Hope this helps.

cheers ... AshD

benjixt

• View Profile
I have 4 NOS sets of carb needle kits which I bought in error to be used evidently with the German etc. exhausts. Wonder why they had a variation in exhaust types for these markets. Do you know Chris?

Cheers... AshD

Please can you give me the number engraved on the needle

Thank you

Guess it was something to do with noise restriction then and explains the needle sets I have. They would have been used for the different carburation needed for the more restrictive exhausts.

The P/N of the kit is 16012-300-611.  I will try to read the number but they are in unopened Honda packaging containing needle, jet and little circlip.

Cheers ... AshD

The needle has this engraved on it 271301. with No 'K' Keihin mark but are in genuine Honda bags (jets have no markings)
The original used ones from my 9/69 diecast carbs are marked K27201

Hope this helps.

cheers ... AshD

hello and thank you very much
read the post
http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=1131.msg7800#msg7800

i'm pretty sure that the difference of needle is due to the difference of exhaust between the country..

thank for your help

regarding your early diecast is it a US model? or original UKModel?

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Gentlemen.....

got it!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/191097594900?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Correct pipes for my "German" KO.

Thanks for info!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:38:19 am by Sgt.Pinback »
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

ashimotok0

• View Profile
It's a UK bike VIN 10103xx.   benjixt

If anyone in Europe want's to direct exchange 4 NOS sets of the HM300 needle jet kits for my 'European' style set (Genuine Honda kits P/N 16012-300-611) I will gladly do so.
But the replacements would have to be Genuine Honda parts, not aftermarket.

Cheers ... AshD
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:32:10 am by ashimotok0 »

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile