Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast Mission Covers Differences?

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
My mission cover, from 6457, is exactly like the one showed on the photo available at SOOC site at "SOOC Home/Technical Restoration Support/Transmission". All "A","B","C","D" and "E" spots match perfectly.

Watching 1095 mission cover, and many other mission covers from other members, i noticed a difference on "A" spot (more rounded).

There are differences between early/mid and later covers or am I wrong?

Thanks.

Marcello  
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:27:39 pm by Marcello Tha »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Marcello,
The cover in the pictures off the sandcast site came off engine 1234 and without having a mixture of covers from across the sandcast VIN range it is difficult for anyone to say all covers are alike. I'm sure Chris and Steve would agree with me when I say that we have been learning so much in the last 3 years about the various difference in all things sandcast. The one thing we must consider when finding a difference is to ask is the part the original part from that VIN. Unless we have unmolested original bikes to use as the benchmark, I think we need to use caution in our assessments. Over the last 3 years I have certainly learnt to be more cautious about what we write. As I say that cover is off engine 1234 and earlier or later covers may show slight or even significant differences.
Maybe other members can add to this topic by looking at their covers
Yabba Dabba KP

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Someone can post photos from sandcast mission/shifter cover, inside and outside?

Marcello

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cover from 576/E748

This image shows cover compared to a NOS provided by Riccardo.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:38:42 pm by Wayne »
[size=

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Dear Wayne;

Your photo has confirmed my suspicion that my mission cover was not an original Sandcast cover. Now I can correct it.
In my research, if I'm not wrong, I noticed that the Sandcast and K0 mission covers are externally identical, but internally have the differences marked in red.
The NOS covers seems to be a K1/K2 cover.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

Marcello

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:32:39 pm by Marcello Tha »

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
This is the mission cover from E288, exactly like E748.
Marcello

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:47:33 pm by Marcello Tha »

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Im my opinion the mission cover, showed in "technical support - trasmission" it is not correct for a sandcast .

Marcello

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Then we need to have the correct photo replacing the one already there
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
Hello, ;)

Here is sincere what I really think..
These motorcycles one restore them to make it what? After all? Because there is sometimes where I really ask the question.. ???

For the pleasure to make beautiful ballads from time to time when it makes beautiful the weekend? Simply to take advantage of it? Where indeed to make it static motorcycles of Museum..? Quite more perfect and more original the some than the others... That we contemplate amazed in the evening in his lounge with the lit light by savoring a can of very fresh Pepsi Cola.. by feeling reassured with a small rag in the hand for the dust??
I indeed understand Marcello who would want that his crankcase corresponds with its number of engine.. And I the respect also.

But check later, it is necessary to privilege above all the outside of this crankcase so that he is in accordance of aspect and I think that if there are small differences very subtle for the inside of the crankcase it is not very important.
It is necessary has one moment know how to announce things.. And that she will never be completely original.
There is nothing personal in my words, and it is only of the majority I the préçise indeed, and it applies for me too.

If I can help you Marcello of some manners that is in your searches I would make him with a very big pleasure, believe it sincerely.
And to quote once again Steve excellent proverb: " she is original that one only one time ".
It is a short sentence but she says about it a lot..

You should not especially get lost and not to try to make her more perfect that she was her in 1969..
And I shall be maybe as many of the others the first one must to want to make him.

Gerard.G
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:27:57 pm by 4pots1969 »

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Geràrd;

Everyone enjoys himself in his own way and happiness is where you find it.

C'est la vie.

Au revoir.

Marcello