Honda CB750 Sandcast

Brighton PP Bike in magazine scans & Service/parts Manuals link

ashimotok0

• View Profile

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not sure others have seen these but I can't recall ever seeing them so thanks Ash for posting these up for us. Very interesting and similar fittings to the bike Vic sold recently. We have been told this bike is still around in the UK. Thing is for me is if I owned it I would make sure it was available for exibiting to the public. Maybe one day 
Yabba Dabba KP

ashimotok0

• View Profile
No Problems KP. I have emailed Steve, as I am not sure if I am violating rules of the site with these links. So anyone who wants them please download ASAP.

I also have a scan of the first UK road test of the CB750K2 (we never got K3, K4 or K5 models here in the UK) so its from 1974 I think.

Yes the Gold Brighton bike is in the North here somewhere I believe and the owner wishes to remain anonymous..real shame but I suppose you must respect someones privacy, if that's what they want.

Cheers ...AshD
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 02:02:53 pm by ashimotok0 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i tried opening these but for some reason i can't seem to go all the way.  MCM, i think you are talking about the color cover with the mustachioed tech on cover and then there is also "Motorcycle SPort" Apr., June 69 issues that feature the Brighton bike also.  i'll try opening them again, but for some reason google dropbox has a mind of it's own.

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Not sure others have seen these but I can't recall ever seeing them so thanks Ash for posting these up for us. Very interesting and similar fittings to the bike Vic sold recently. We have been told this bike is still around in the UK. Thing is for me is if I owned it I would make sure it was available for exibiting to the public. Maybe one day 

Hi KP .. assume you downloaded OK then? Steve, are you still having problems? Yes it's the one with the Honda tech on the cover. Do you reckon he was from Honda UK? or a dealer ? I assumed the former.

Cheers .. AshD

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I downloaded the links posted in the first post and didn't have a problem I didn't try the second smaller files
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
the mustachioed man is a mechanic at that shop.  After Brighton, he set the bike up for low bars for the Earl of Denbigh in 1969.  about 4 years ago in a chance meeting, this man was found.  after all these years, he still had the master cylinder he'd removed from from the Brighton bike, whilost setting it up with low bars.  after the mechanic learned significance of that bike, the maser cylinder was given to it's current long time owner.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes Ash, The second group of files downloaded OK for me
Yabba Dabba KP

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The master cylinder referred to above by Steve is still in my possession.  Following on from the chance meeting by a friend of mine (Phil) with the guy (Pete) that prepped the Gold pp bike for sale to its first owner back in '69, I was eventually able to obtain the master cylinder and its rigid brake pipe / brake union (straight swap for a recessed ignition switch and shop soiled NOS gas tank). These parts will be given to the current owner of the  Gold Brighton Show bike if and when he completes its restoration - that is where they belong after all. Unfortunately, that restoration is unlikely to be completed in the near future. For now therefore, I can enjoy caretaking these rather unusual parts.

Pictures attached.....

Cheers - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Was the old (got to be careful here because I am no spring chicken  :D) guy Arthur Carter Ex Honda UK do you know Chris? The mustacheod man on the MCM issue from '69?

Never mind reuniting the M/Cyl with the bike, the bike should be reunited with the M/Cyl & the bike in your possession IMHO  :)

Cheers .. AshD

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No, it was not actually the guy pictured working on the bike, that did the prep work, and retained the master cylinder for near 40 years.
Nice thought Ash, re-uniting the bike with the master cylinder. Since the first day i saw that bike at the back of a shed back in '87, it has for me remained the ultimate CB750 to aspire to own. 27 years on, that daydream persists!

Cheers - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338