Honda CB750 Sandcast

TIRES???? In need of expert advice

apexhntr

• View Profile
Currently a new set of Kenda tires are on the bike. They seem like a good highway tire but are very square near the edges. The roads nearby are like the "Tail of the Dragon" or "Deals Gap" very curvy so your riding on the sides of the tires all day long.

Please all you CB750 experts pass along your favorite combination, as well as the largest practical size tires that will fit on the stock rims.

Thanks in advance for your input-it will be taken seriously!

Bob in Western NC

jiminycricket

• View Profile
modern Bridgestone Accolades work and look real good. sticky rubber, good mileage. jim

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey Bob, I'd like to recommend a tyre but they probably go under different names in different countries. Besides, you fellas can't spell tyre right anyway  LOL. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

apexhntr

• View Profile
KP,
In the south it's a "tar"-so we can't even agree what to call it in the same country! What Brand do you prefer?

Jim,
I'll be sure to check out the Bridgestone Accolades "tar"s, "tyre"s well you know what I mean. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bob in NC

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bob,
My choice is usually european such as Metzeler or Continentals. Bridgestone Battalax is another I use on the higher cc bikes I own. I run Metzeler fronts and battalax rears on my CBX and CB1100R. In fact I lean towards Metzeler on fronts pretty well always.
But, dare to be different. I'm a creature of habit so I, like many, need to hear what others are using and what they think
Maybe others can let us know.
Jimney, are the accolades similar to battalax/same under a differnt name
KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Riccardo

• View Profile
For me, for a nice rewiew, the best mach is: DUNLOP F11 FRONT and F87 REAR.
The others are too modern.
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

cb7504

• View Profile
I use IRC GS-11 front and rear on all of my CB750's. They have the old style/original look with modern rubber technology. Marty

apexhntr

• View Profile
Thanks for all the great tire brand suggestions. I will examine each of them and compare the performance vs appearance to find a good compromise.

A follow up question:

How big can you go in tire size with the stock rim sizes? The front is 3.25-19 stock but my bike had a 3.50-19 tire with no issues. The rear is 4.00-18 stock but there is allot of room back there which makes it tempting to go up a little to 4.25-4.75-18 tire if those sizes are even available?

Any size suggestions or concerns are greatly appreciated.

Bob in NC