Honda CB750 Sandcast Forum
February 19, 2018, 08:38:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Signup has been disabled due to a high volume of spam activity. To sign up for an account please email sandcast750@gmail.com - Members, please ensure the email address in your profile is current. As well domain and hosting fees are due. Any donations can be proceeded by clicking on the Donate button

Home   Help SOOC Home Search Calendar Login Register Chat  

You can show your appreciation for the SOOC and support future development by donating via PayPal!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interpret my Engine Number  (Read 3206 times)
greggo325

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »

No matter the consensus here, it will be up to the CHP officer who inspects Ujeni's VINs during the registration process. 
DW69K0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 05:59:07 PM »

To me, the top outline of the number 1 is clearly the original stamp font because of the tail on the top left side of the number. Maybe someone dropped something heavy on the case at some point which left a dent that looks like the top of the number nine.
I have two engines with multiple nines (9) stamped in them and both engines have very distinct 9 ovals in the top of the number stamped.
Just my thoughts,
Duane
Steve Swan
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 08:03:42 PM »

yes, i believe also the original stamped number is a 1.  although, by general appearances, the loop does "appear" as honda 9 font. 

without verifying the origin of the loop, the loop is a puzzle is a puzzle.  and it's unlikely the origin can or will ever be verified as factory or not. 

without the loop, the digit IS distinctive of honda font 1. 

it's conjecture if the loop is an accident or if the loop is honda font.  with the loop, the number is a 9. 

i would say if the loop can be determined to be exactly same as honda font, it's unlikely the loop was put there by accident or coincidence. 

Over the years, we've seen several factory modified or corrected vins which support Keith's observation which i support. 

until there is more exact comparison and/or measurement of the loop to a factory loop, it's difficult to arrive at a more definite conclusion. 

Honda CB750 Sandcast Forum
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 08:03:42 PM »

UK Pete

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 02:55:22 PM »

Here is a clear 9

DW69K0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 07:09:06 PM »

If the number was meant to be a 9, the spacing between the 2 and 9 is very very close and the outside hook of the 9 almost touches the 2, so the stamp would have to be off the normal stamping spacing, though I have seen some abnormal stampings on other cases. Too me this is another district feature of the font in question.
Duane
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: