Honda CB750 Sandcast

Rolled rear rim

UK Pete

• View Profile
I am begining to wonder if the rolled rear rim was a low digit vin part only,with maybee the oddfew getting through to later production, my 69 k0 has the 2nd generation semi rolled , the late digit sandcast wheel i have which i inspected closely and had no evidense of ever being changed also has the second generation rim, and the countless amounts of people looking for rolled rims , and the rarityl eads me to this conclusion, thoughts anyone
pete

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I thought the same as you Pete on my 10/69 K0 but unfortunately, with the kind help of ChrisR, it was confirmed that my wheels had been changed to ones from a K1. The clue was the K1 style ring guard fitted to the sprocket. K0's never had them I don't think. So obviously, with me the front wheel and brake disk/speedo drive etc were all incorrect too and I had to import a nice set of F/wheel from the USA, which really needs rechroming to be perfect. I avoided the dreaded customs/import charges on that though, don't know how!  The correct rear rolled rim still eludes me though. I did stay up till the early hours one New Year day and won a complete K0 rear wheel  on eBay USA but the guy never shipped it and it's the only time I have had to resort to obtaining a refund via PayPal. The guys from HondaChoppers offered to pay him a visit for me but I didn't take them up on the kind offer  ::)

If your wheel is original though it will also have the two hole hub but I think the two hole hub went longer into K0 production that the fully rolled edge rim went, so again it could have been fitted with a later K0 rim. Again kind thanks to ChrisR, who told me all of this info. I don't know if early CB450's had that rolled rim too but someone on here is bound to know.

Cheers ... AshD
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:36:06 am by ashimotok0 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The rule of thumb I use is if it was produced in 69 it should have a rolled rim HOWEVER that is a general rule I use and as Steve has said up to around 12000 all should have round rims.
Yabba Dabba KP

Don R

• View Profile
 My 5511 had a rolled rim, the late production K0 (6/70)I found has a somewhat less rolled rim. Not rolled but still not flat on the sides.  It's very difficult to get a photo of the differences. I recently saw an ad for a bike with a semi rolled rim. I'm still wondering if there is such a thing as a less round or semi rolled rim. The Diecast 14,100 I started with has Lester mags on it so I'm saving the late K0's original rims for the day when I want to return it to stock. I have another rear that looks like the late K0 and a two hole hub but only the one early front hub.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
sandcast 5298 came with a rolled rim. Die cast 1008054  has its original rolled rim. I also got a rolled rim from a 1010xxx bike which was broken up some years ago. 1015143 which I owned some years back, and believed original, did not have a rolled rim.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
The latest one I have with a rolled rear rim is a K0 VIN 22885. My friend Rolf in Sweden has a K0 VIN 16xxx also has a rolled rear rim. I believe both has theirs original rear rim. In my meaning all bikes, except the first 200 bikes, until end of K0 has two hole rear hubs. 
Bo from Sweden.