Honda CB750 Sandcast

Oil filter cover

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
I have bike 6200 and engine 6245, should it have a smooth or finned cover on the oil filter.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That is a debate that may go on for some time however I think all would agree that your VIN has a finned cover without internal reinforcing ribs
Yabba Dabba KP

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Depends if you want the cover to look as others would restore it or the way it came from the factory.  KP's answer is, I believe, how it came from the factory.  Large portion of restorations are done with smooth replica covers though.  If the best candidate for a cover you can find has strengthening ribs on the inside you might as well do with it as you please.  If you happen to luckily have a finned cover with no ribs inside I'd suggest keeping it that way as these are not all that common.  The temptation to smack the ribs off and turn it down is only going to make these covers even rarer as time goes on. 

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
I have the finned cover with no ribs on inside?  Has a 17 bolt, is that correct?

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
Turns out I have a finned cover, no ribs on the inside.  I have one broken fin.  I plan to repair by fitting a piece, welding, sanding, blasting ?  Anybody have experience with repairing one of these