Honda CB750 Sandcast

Gas tank rust

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
I have removed the rust with vinegar.
First, I cleaned the tank with water based degreaser and nuts, moved it for a few minutes.
Second, I filled the tank full with vinegar for 24 hrs.
Third, I cleaned the tank again with water based degreaser and nuts, moved it for a few minutes.

The result is perfect.

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
How did you get a picture inside the tank ? Neat!

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Marcel, great to hear on vinegar and wonderful pictures.  I've heard a number of good reports on vinegar on the AMCA and CAIMAG discussion boards. 

your pictures of the results are very appreciated.

also heard molasses works well.  never tried vinegar or molasses.  but SEEING your experience will get me to try vinegar.

i have been using a product called "Metal Rescue," not an acid product, which works very well but is $25/gallon.  Vinegar is inexpensive !!

after using rust remover, i put 50 8mm bolts in my tanks, rotate then in clothes dryer for 50 minutes and beautiful raw steel is exposed.

Great report and pics using fiber optic scope ?

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
How did you get a picture inside the tank ? Neat!

With my iPhone 5S  ;D
The flash light is located just next to the lens, so you can put the phone in the filler hole and take the pics.

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
Marcel, great to hear on vinegar and wonderful pictures.  I've heard a number of good reports on vinegar on the AMCA and CAIMAG discussion boards. 

your pictures of the results are very appreciated.

also heard molasses works well.  never tried vinegar or molasses.  but SEEING your experience will get me to try vinegar.

i have been using a product called "Metal Rescue," not an acid product, which works very well but is $25/gallon.  Vinegar is inexpensive !!

after using rust remover, i put 50 8mm bolts in my tanks, rotate then in clothes dryer for 50 minutes and beautiful raw steel is exposed.

Great report and pics using fiber optic scope ?

I paid .52 euros per liter, so that's cheap indeed.
I recommend to cover the outside of the tank (if it'has a good paint) with plastic. Vinegar can damage the paint.

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Someone tryied to zinc inside the tank for rust protection?