Honda CB750 Sandcast

Data Plate on Headtube

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Thanks for info.

Seller  says: "NOT PLASTIC STICKERS BUT ALUMINUM!"

Already orderred one. Letīs see what comes.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Don R

• View Profile
 My 1014100 is an 11/69 diecast. The tag was accidentally sandblasted off by a powdercoater. Ugh. Anyway I bought a tag off ebay and it came as several stickers. Dang, I didn't read the fine print. I also own an early 72K with no numbers OR tag. It was apparently wrecked and received a factory replacement frame that wasn't ever stamped. It has a 71 front end, 72 gauges and light console, 71 engine, 72 helmet hooks.  I remember the bike and it's owners since the early 70's, I'm pretty sure it's legit. A lot of things happened since 1969. lol.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
the silver is wrong color.  the tags are aluminum.  the aluminum tag appearing more correct is seen in post #10 of the above link to thread i posted earlier.  i just searched around the internet for the correct appearing tag, do't seem to find any.  you might consider pm'ing Mark B and see what he uses on his restorations.    the tag goes on right side of steering head, opposite the stamped numbers on let side.  the tag faces outward so the wording is right side up so it can be read when it is on the bike.

Here it is.

"Wording right side up" is this way?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:11:30 am by Sgt.Pinback »
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)