Honda CB750 Sandcast

Front fender question.

Guest · 28 · 9608

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve
Have a read of a previous post I posted on this thread on this question. Here is part of what I said
As for the fender, somewhere in the last legs of double cut production Honda did press a hole to receive the speedo cable guide. I have owned one of these fenders and I believe Andy Morris also has seen/owned such a fender. My fender was not drilled, it was stamped. It came off a late (under 20000) production diecast. Maybe Andy could add some info on this KP
Unfortunately I can't take a photo as the guide hole was filled in by my local panel shop and you wouldn't know it had been done
I'll get a pic for you. Send me your email KP  ;)
Yabba Dabba KP

Bickle

Thanks KP....I saw your post just wondered if anyone had success with the later fender mod.
Can't send you an email cause yours is hidden. You can send me one if you click my name (shows email) and I will respond.

Steve

1941wld

• View Profile
Hi Sandcast People, I'm looking at the aftermarket front fender on ebay, DEAD LINK
Is this a good copy or a bad copy? Is this one different than the one Yamiya is selling? Which aftermarket is the most correct. Are the corners cut and rolled under correctly? I want to buy the right one. Thanks in advance for the help. 1941wld

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I've purchased from mddist in the past, no problem. Used to know who he was but forgot his name. He's sold quite a few CB750 parts. I'd suggest sending him an email and asking him your question, I'm sure he's reputable and would give an honest answer.

Suspect this is same fender Yamiya sells, but don't take my word for it. Don't know anyone who's purchased nor have I seen a Yamiya fender.

I am pretty sure there's not more than one manufacturer of these fenders in Japan.

As far as I know, Yamiya does not actually manufacture parts because in distant past I have corresponded with some Japanese who admit being the actual manufacturers of these parts and who also are very good at remaining quite obscure and giving very little information.

If you buy one of these fenders, let the BB know the results.

donzie

• View Profile
I purchased one of the first yamiya double cut fenders they rolled out but I have to watch what I say here. So if anyone would like info on quality or ? Just e/mail me direct.
ssher40362@aol.com
Please forgive me if I've said anything wrong, if i did perhaps at future bike meet you guys can "cane" me.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Good to see you back, Donzie.

I think it's been a while since the last US public caning, maybe when Sen. Chas. Sumner got one in 1856 on the floor of the US Senate...... ?

So, to keep up the standard, we could be due for a couple canings at the meet (still waiting official AMA notice.) There might be someone wanting to give me one. Guess they're still pretty good at that practice in Singapore.....

Steve

1941wld

• View Profile
WOW! I've talked to Rick Degan last nite. This is the conversation:
me---Would you take $1000.00 for it? You sold your last two for $1000.00 each.
Rick---Sorry firm on my price.
Rick---you can buy them from Yamiya they make them.
Rick---The die we used was the original Honda one that all the fenders were made on. The die broke on this run so after these fenders are gone we no longer will have them for sale.

Now Rick has revised his item from $1150 to $1180. I guess he rethought and revised his listing. Where's the LOVE.
Looks like the conversation cost me $30.00.
I would be better spending the money on restoring my original front fender. I'll bet I could have all my chrome pieces restored for that price at Browns.

On a different note: If there is going to be anyone getting slaped around(caned). I'm in for some, I usually get a kiss before she does it though. (Just Kidding)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Donzie, Just to move things on. I reckon any info you can provide on the Yamiya fender would be welcomed, and no harpoons or canes either.
Interestingly, Saudi still uses the cane and the local moral police carry them as standard fare. Beheadings are also common for certain crimes and I think charging $1180 for a repop fender is a beheading crime . Mind you, if I needed one I'd probably cough up the dosh.  KP
Yabba Dabba KP

donzie

• View Profile
In the next few days I will provide several real good photos of the fender for all to view & pass judgement on. Where are who should I send them to.
DONZIE

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi Donzie,

Looking forward to your fender info.

A number of guys load pics on the bb, i don't know how they do it, but then a box of rocks knows more than me about things computer.

I unsucessfully tried loading a pic using the insert image icon.

KP is the smart when it comes to this computer stuff, he should be able to tell you how

steve

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
wld1941,

I have repaired many fenders, front an rear.

As long as your chromer does the final buffing of the steel and is able to load copper into any small remaining defects, your fender will be perfect.

Both front and rear fenders on my sandcasts had dents and after I got them worked out, with new triple plate chrome, no one would ever know the fender was damaged.

If you are considering fender dent removal contact me - sandcast232@yahoo.com

shellvik

• View Profile
For your information, the double cut front fender with a hole is not correct. I haven't seen or heard of double cut front fenders with this hole - as far as I have been able to research, there was no hole...

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Shellvik, I cannot comment on your experience, however the many dealings I've had with the seller have all been without issue.

In relation to the double cut fender I have with a hole for the speedo cable guide, let me say it is a genuine double cut fender with a hole. I know enough about early fenders to identify a fake double cut let me tell you.
As for the hole, what I can say is it is a pressed and not a drilled hole. As for whether it's correct or otherwise I cannot say but you should never say there was no hole just because you cannot find the evidence. What we are discovering about the sandcast is, there are many production differences not previously identified and there will be more found I feel sure.

I would welcome a picture being sent to me of your double cut fender as the seller never said to me it was off a sandcast, he said he had a double cut fender which had a cable guide hole. We do know that there was a fender change somewhere after production 16xxx to the single cut type and all single cut have cable guide holes. Maybe, (and it is a maybe) very late run double cut fenders did have cable guide holes.

My fender was purchased from Sayonara Motorcycles in Germany the owner of which had said he had seen several in his bike searches throughout the USA. As an aside he also has the most listed sandcast VINs in the directory. Cheers KP   :)
Yabba Dabba KP