Honda CB750 Sandcast

Web Site Changes

Wayne · 116 · 33491

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for that Duane. I was referring more to the 69 CB450 tank. I had  an early NOS one some years back and it certainly didn't have wrinkles. But then I've asked the question to get the exact feedback you have just provided. It is interesting to note that the tanks from later years weighed less
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I would like to move along with the stuff that currently exists on our site as far as contents and images. There we be a lot of "distinctions" to add at a later date. :)

Next up is the fuel tank caps currently shown on this page of the site: http://cb750sandcastonly.com/support12.htm#Fuel

Gerard has sent along yet another iteration of a cap underside. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? KP, since writing the area on fuel caps has there been any revelations or further findings? For the purpose of the site we want to clearly show caps that came from "nineteener", mid run and late production tanks I would think...IF we can identify them.

Gerard sent the cap on the right in the black area.

[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have no idea which cap came off what but none came off an early 19 or mid run 17 Those tanks may have the same but I have no idea on it I will check my 19 litre and see what it has
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I have no idea which cap came off what but none came off an early 19 or mid run 17 Those tanks may have the same but I have no idea on it I will check my 19 litre and see what it has

That will be interesting to see what cap you have, KP.  I'll compare your findings to the cap that came on my nineteener.  See if they are the same.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I know Mark has a cap from a mid run. I only took a pic of the top, not the underside when I disassembled it.
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Guys
Here are 2 shots of the cap on my 19 litre. The cap is similar but certainly different to the middle cap in the picture with 3 caps shown So to me we now have a 5th cap.
Be interested to see what Steve has and also the mid run from Mark.
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
Wayne,
I found this color photos of the "Late prototype"
I have not seen him in the topic "Machines Types"...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:14:07 pm by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Very nice.  The picture originated from somewhere and was given to someone and eventually makes it to the internet.  We'd know alot more if we could just learn a little.  Fascinating.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've seen that picture somewhere before on another site. I think there was also some pictures of the factories etc. on the same site. I had it bookmarked for future reference on my old computer but it crashed. Gerard can you tell us where you got it?

Just as a side note: I'm getting quite a bit of email with pictures, references etc. If I don't get back to you right away please, don't be offended. It's tedious work to go through the existing site and get the current information in the new format. Once done, we will expand on that with new information and images. :)
[size=

4pots1969

• View Profile
Just as a side note: I'm getting quite a bit of email with pictures, references etc. If I don't get back to you right away please, don't be offended. It's tedious work to go through the existing site and get the current information in the new format. Once done, we will expand on that with new information and images. :)
[/quote]

Wayne, do not worry, I understand very well that this is not easy.. ;)
Several years I have this picture in my computer, but honestly I don't know where I found it, but it seems to me that it was on a french site, I tried from the found but I promise you nothing..

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:54:08 pm by 4pots1969 »

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The left side picture can be found in a book published by Haynes in the UK, "Honda CB750" by Mick Duckworth. It appears to be credited to Bob Hansen, presumably sent to him by the factory in 1968 during prototype development.
The right side shot I have never seen before, but is presumably from the same set of pictures. I wonder if there were others.....

Cheers - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

Erling

• View Profile
Rear of the seat do look different on the right hand side photo!
Erling.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not the same time photos were taken and maybe different bikes. Tyres are different, plus reflector missing on fork ears, horn, tank cap and maybe some other items Bit hard to see in the pics but I think the exhaust shields maybe missing
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
Yes, two slightly different Prototype.. Where then, the same proto with the evolution? Not impossible... 
But that became these little raw diamonds? They foolishly dismantle?
Why do we never have the necessary hindsight to avoid it?.. Damn and shit!! >:(
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:37:29 am by 4pots1969 »

DW69K0

• View Profile
Attached is a good quality picture of a prototype, with many of the features of first picture, notice the side cover. I have not seen this variation of the 750  side cover before. Carburetors seem the same as other type as other two pictures.
DW