Honda CB750 Sandcast

Source for retro Dunlop K87 tires in Western Hemisphere ?

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Is there a source for the "retro" K87 Dunlop front and rear tires in the Americas or Western Hemisphere ?

i see Z1 Parts is sold out.  Yamiya shows them available for the pair, $184.75  -and-  $152 for shipping... = $336  :(

i would like to put a set of these K87's on 232 and install the Bridgestone Accolades from 232 on to 2157..... :)  

as well..... ;D  i can give a road wear report on the K87's.......  after 1400 miles of average driving, the K87's have less than 1,000 miles of wear remaining.  Good for looks, but not much else.....  

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My 200 miles trying to follow you and Corbin on the Guzzis can't of helped......

Chris
Chris R.
302/338

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Actually, Today, i went for about a 40 mile ride today on 2157.  Always enjoy every time  i ride, how Honda really got this bike "right," straight off the assembly line.  I do love my modern Guzzi's for their handling, torque, overall looks and feel.  However, for being a bike that is 46 years old, the handling of the CB750 is surprisingly light and responsive for suspension that essentially has no rebound or compression control, the forks being 35 mm tubes.   And the 1969 power delivery, acceleration contends very comfortably with 2015 traffic.

Watching Chris drive into corners on 2157 was a treat, very fluid and smooth.  after all, this is a fellow who has never owned a car and always ridden a bike to work 5 days a week since he was old enough to drive ! 

Chris is the quintessential English motorcyclist.

ps - we really weren't riding that fast !  except for Corbin, my son.  he would ride ahead, park and wait for both Chris and i.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
As you say, the CB750 was pretty good in its day, and still surprisingly capable if in good shape and with modern rubber compounds fitted - and Steve's 2157 certainly inspired confidence.
By way of contrast, I've been riding a GT750 J (Water buffalo, kettle, .....) recently. It's a '72 with a drum brake. A spirited ride on that will determine  how good your bowel control is!

Chris
Chris R.
302/338