Honda CB750 Sandcast

Top Brake Line Photo

DW69K0 · 5 · 1920

DW69K0

• View Profile
Does anyone have a photo of their original top front brake line with markings. I am so surprised to find clearly readable markings with manufacturer details and like new master cylinder with no leveling line inside. Top line is long neck and bottom is short neck.
If I am reading the top line correctly it reads 1-8-69, so when were the short lines manufactured?
DW

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Does anyone have a photo of their original top front brake line with markings. I am so surprised to find clearly readable markings with manufacturer details and like new master cylinder with no leveling line inside. Top line is long neck and bottom is short neck.
If I am reading the top line correctly it reads 1-8-69, so when were the short lines manufactured?
DW

if you've any questions after reading this, please ask them so we can learn more.  both top line and bottom line are short neck unless i am confused about somthing you are saying.  and some of the ferrules have markings and some don't.  i have seen both.

DW69K0

• View Profile
The bike I just bought Vin 3223 and E 1685 is very unique. I am 100% positive it is unmolested but like many Sandasts it doesn't fit what we think we know.

It's like the bike had issue going down the assembly line and has several mixed parts:
The top brake line is a long neck and bottom is short.
Junction for brake splitter has no lip.
The speedometer cable is long connection and the Tach is short as it connects to gauge, just like the photos of the unmolested V 1095 posted on this site.
Master cylinder has no leveling line.
Air box is two hole without gasket.
Seat is 10 hole.
Engine was never removed, no wrench marks anywhere, bolts are prestige.
Paint is just amazing on tank air box and side covers.
Frame VIN is clearly stamped after frame was painted.
Thick lip alternator cover which is correct for frame date but I would think with E 1685 it would be thin lipped.
Side cover screws have not been touched.
Carburetor must have been removed because they are upright with screws facing out.
All chrome is excellent.

This bike looks amazing and pictures just did not show the phenomenal shape and originality.

I am just starting to clean it up, so I might find more out of sequence parts on this bike.
Duane

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
ah.  it helps a little to see the vins.  as production began to get in to full swing and greater numbers of parts were required for assembly, i'd be willing to "bet" some of these vins were real "chaos."  just when production began to get in to full swing, is anyone's guess.  but i will "bet" by the time the the RH horn units  and the "no.no" exhaust came in to production, parts standardization was pretty nearly consistent.  interesting bike you have there.

DW69K0

• View Profile
Does anyone have a photo of their original top front brake line with yellow information markings.
Thanks for any help,
Duane