Honda CB750 Sandcast

Left switch/ made in Japan

Garry32 · 20 · 4498

Garry32

• View Profile
Hi does anyone know when the underside of the left switch changed from engraved made in Japan to embossed and then  removed altogether.
Thank you Garry :)

markb

• View Profile
Are you saying the earliest ones were engraved (like stamped)?  I thought the earliest ones were embossed (raised) letters.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Garry32

• View Profile
Hi Mark yes I have two, one was a reconditioned one from Yamiha when I bought was advised it was off a very early low numbered sandcast and the writing is engraved.

4pots1969

• View Profile
It would be nice if we could have nice pictures!! ;)

Garry32

• View Profile
Hi I have sent photos to mark b to put on the forum if that's Ok
Garry

Garry32

• View Profile
Hi I have downloaded photos without assistance.
The second 3 photos are the one from Yamiha

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i have never seen what i believe to be a factory oem switch to have raised font.

without going into detail why i believe 232 and 2157 switches are original 1969 parts, i'll just say i believe they are the switches that came with both bikes from the factory in 1969.  both LH switches have raised font.  i will check 1865 and report back if this thread keeps going.

a Japanese friend of mine very recently bought me a "no turn" LH switch from Yamiya.  it has stamped (recessed) "Made in Japan" font.  it must be a repro switch because Yamiya advertised it as a repro switch.  this switch has a TEC horn button and "HM" lettering fitted.  except for the recessed font, it looks like an original switch.  the only other difference i note, the insulation of the wires looks slightly different, shinier and may a half gauge off in diameter from orignal

Garry32

• View Profile
Thanks Steve,When I bought the switch  from Japan they advertised as genuine and it was over £350 buy the time it reached me it was about £450

Erling

• View Profile
1676 do have "made i japan" under neath and the other lettering too.
The "Tec" from horn button is that what is to be deciphered from the starter button too?
And I've had this thing for more than 46 years and never thought of looking for letters!
       Erling.

Garry32

• View Profile
I also have an unrestored 40:: sandcast and the left switch underneath wording made in Japan is recessed also.
Thank you Garry

markb

• View Profile
i have never seen what i believe to be a factory oem switch to have raised font.
Steve, are you talking about a replacement switch?

I have double checked and 97 and 576 have raised letters.  So if I'm understanding all this the earliest version had raised letters and it switched to recessed letters somewhere between 2157 and 4000+.

Thanks Steve,When I bought the switch  from Japan they advertised as genuine and it was over £350 buy the time it reached me it was about £450
Couldn't it still be genuine, just not earliest?
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

4pots1969

• View Profile
The logic would be embossed before the stamped... But...
Ujeni could he tell us how is the marking on the #410 embossed or stamped?
Ujeni if you read us, we need you!!

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

all i am saying is the switch i bought was advertised as repro.  Yamiya are good people.  if that's waht they say they sold you, then that's what they sold you.

Garry32

• View Profile
Yes Steve I totally agree, I also agree with 4pots1969 as well.