Honda CB750 Sandcast

VIN Directory

Wayne · 21 · 9584

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm getting questions re VIN Directory updates. I'm only adding VIN's/Changes to the new template. If you are looking for updates visit the link below. I'm a bit back logged but slowly getting back at it.

http://cb750sandcastonly.com/new/vin_directory.html
[size=

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Dear Wayne;

Please include,

VIN 6457 ENGINE 7083
CASTING DATE 8/22
Marcello Thá - Brazil

Thanks.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OK, I have decided the only way I'm going to get this site migrated over to the new format is....slowly!

The old site has a lot of pages and hundreds of links so it's tedious. As I put new pages up, some URL's will work, some wont and some won't be there. Just go to the home page and use the links from there. They will always take you to the page you're looking for...hopefully. :/

The first page I wanted to get up was the new VIN Directory. I still have some VIN's to add so if you have submitted one, and it's not on yet don't worry. Now that the page is up I'll get it current as quickly as possible.

http://cb750sandcastonly.com/new/vin_directory.html

Thank you for your support and donations.
[size=

Joe K

• View Profile
Thank you, Wayne for devoting so much of your time to this web-site.  So many of us really appreciate it.

Joe

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I thought I should say a few words to help users better understand what's going on with the site, updates etc. I know updates are going slow, the changeover to the new format is a huge undertaking and the VIN directory is not getting updated as members submit their VINS by email.

When I receive a new VIN for the directory I put it in a folder and when I'm doing site updates I'll grab a few VIN's and load tem to the directory. They don't go in by the date received. I just select one from the top of the list and copy it into my spreadsheet then the directory. I'm updating the VIN directory into the new site format, so as I said above:

"The first page I wanted to get up was the new VIN Directory. I still have some VIN's to add so if you have submitted one, and it's not on yet don't worry. Now that the page is up I'll get it current as quickly as possible."

I have been battling a health issue for some time now. The last 1.5 years has been very challenging and my biggest challenge may be ahead of me. I'm not looking for sympathy, only an understanding of why things may appear to be moving turtle slow here. I do this when I feel well, between appointments, family time and other life commitments, on my own without compensation.

My sole income is my disability check from my employer. This is purely a hobby as I am both a motorcycle enthusiast and I enjoy dabbling with web sites and the internet. We are a small group without a lot of traffic so advertising is hard to sell, we have no sponsors at all. We rely totally on member donations to pay the server fees bandwidth etc. Every bit of support is appreciated and keeps us going.

Again, I appreciate your support and understanding. I'll get there eventually. Perhaps in time for another makeover. Technology moves fast! ;)
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You do a great job Wayne and I think some tolerance about when stuff gets loaded should be exercised by all.
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
You do a great job Wayne and I think some tolerance about when stuff gets loaded should be exercised by all.

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO.

UK Pete

• View Profile
Keep up the good work wayne, and i hope this is a better year for you, the majority of us understand and appreciate what you have done, and are doing while going through bad times
pete

4pots1969

• View Profile
Wayne, you are doing a great job on the new site and no matter if it's a bit long, what matters is only the result...
Many thanks for that, with my best wishes for speedy recovery.
Gerard

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone. For the most part, everyone is great here....99.99%. For the one's I let slip through the cracks and took too long, my apologies.

As you are all well aware some use our site to authenticate bogus information about their bike, refer to our web info in ebay listings and quotes from our forum. There's a pattern with some of the harsher email. I just let them know this is a service we provide and document information for our sandcast community. It's a privilege or courtesy? to have bike information documented here, not a right.
[size=

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
Thanks for getting me in there.  I am sympathetic to your situation.  I am a long running volunteer with the VJMC, people just dont understand, no pay for the work, full time job, raising child, etc,etc,etc.  Keep up the good work.

Riccardo

• View Profile
Wayne,

please add 4/30, casting date for my 737/E940

Thank You.

Riccardo
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project