Honda CB750 Sandcast

Duck Tail Seat

brianhoover

• View Profile
Yeah, great info! I think all of my problems are now due to a cover that is too small! Bought it years ago on Ebay...don't remember who I bought it from.

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Hi New here from UK with K0 VIN 1010382.

I bought a brand new Honda K1 seat from David Silver to get a new steel pan, trim and strap/screws. I sold the K1 cover on Ebay and the foam is on Ebay now (bargain if you have a K1). I then got a 'Ducktail' foam from 'Discovers' and told them I thought that the aftermarket cover they sell does not look right and asked if there was anyway they could make me a cover with deeper padding in the 'quilting'. For about 15GBP more their 'supplier' told me he does in fact make a cover with 'extra padding'. I shipped all of my parts off to them and very pleased with the results. OK it's not up to Yamiya standard but much better than the Dave Silver/ CMS ones or any other I have seen.

BTW the repro D. Silver one is made by the UK 'Supplier' but they are hammered down on price so don't fit the superior quality cover and have the time to - as he puts it - 'Give it that extra special care'.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/AshimotoK0/K0seatash1.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/AshimotoK0/K0seatash2.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/AshimotoK0/K0seatAsh3.jpg

Pity we can't get together with the UK people and get him to reproduce a Yamiya type

the-oz-slider

• View Profile
Hey all, can someone lead me to where I can get a ducktail foam for my K0 please?
Al

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yamiya has the best  if you are looking for red sponge or complete seats if you want a white sponge type. They also do the best covers with better prices than most
There are other sellers so you ay wish to do some research.
A complete white sponge seat can be had from MRS in Japan for around US$350 which is the equal of the Yamiya white sponge at a US$200 lesser price
The only issue with all these seats is they use the early sandcast base. If that's important then get you own base painted and swap bases
KP
Yabba Dabba KP

the-oz-slider

• View Profile
Im in need of new foam for my K0 [VIN 16,XXX]....anyone have any to spare please or tell me where to buy other than Yamiya which at the moment against the USD then conversion to CAD with duty and taxes at the border is almost $400 by the time I have it in my hot little hands.....
Thanks
Al

CBman

• View Profile
I can understand Yamiya had sold used K0 seat for 952 USD.  But is also offering nice used one for 1900 USD ???

4pots1969

• View Profile
Hello everyone  ;)
In my opinion, this 17 hole Ducktail seat Yamiya is way too expensive for its condition,
because in addition the red foam must be completely dry and disintegrate like all seats
in their 70's juice and given the condition of the rusty support...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 07:14:49 am by 4pots1969 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bonjour, mon ami. Nous n'avons pas entendu parler de vous depuis longtemps. Votre œil critique et votre bonne humeur ont en effet été manqués. Vous devez nous dire ce que vous avez fait
Quant au siège Yamiya, vous avez raison. Ils sont chers et un seul type de plateau de siège. On peut avoir un siège MRS avec de la mousse jaune / blanche pour la moitié du prix.
Hélas, le siège Yamiya est le seul disponible et a sauvé la journée pour beaucoup. Une chose est qu'ils sont d'excellente qualité donc pour cela il faut payer
KP
Hello my friend. We haven't heard from you for a long time. Your critical eye and good humor have indeed been missed. You must tell us what you have been doing
As for the Yamiya seat you are correct. They are expensive and only one type of seat pan. One can have a MRS seat with yellow/white foam for 1/2 the price.
Alas, the Yamiya seat is the only one available and has saved the day for many. One thing is they are excellent quality so for that one has to pay
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
Hello My friend Kp,
Thank you very much for your sympathetic response :D
I too am very happy to be here a and to be able to share and discuss again with all of you ...
I will explain my long silence to you in PM.
For the Yamiya Ducktail, I was talking about the used one in bad condition with an exorbitant
price of USD 1,900.00 Oups !! ...
And on the other hand for the reproduction they made, this beautiful reproduction made it possible
to save a lot of Owners who no longer had the original Ducktail seat ...

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 06:40:59 am by 4pots1969 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ah Yes, my bad I now see what you are saying my friend
Yabba Dabba KP

J. Ubben

• View Profile
Hi
my sandcast has the VIN 631.
Can someone tell me how many holes my seat pan should have originally?

Best Regards
Johann

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This is a Yamiya reproduction seat, however your base should look exactly the same as this. I often call them a 3 hole, many call them the 10 hole base
Yabba Dabba KP

rickhahn

• View Profile
One thing that I have noted with the seats, the seats sold by Yamiya  come with 10mm fixing bolts all with 8 on the head , the seat bolts are plain with no markings i do believe

J. Ubben

• View Profile