Honda CB750 Sandcast

Early Brake Pedal

kp · 3 · 1444

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi All, I've been a bit slack in recent years and have a lot of "i must do that" to add to this forum. Anyway having said that I've got into my parts store and have finally got to posting these differences
The early sandcast brake pedal is a different design to the later sandcast brake pedal. I'm not sure of the exact VIN numbers where the change occurred but in conversation with a friend in Japan, would seem the pedal changed around VIN 3000.
The early brake pedal has a straight edge on the underside casting and is more prominent than the later one whereas the later pedal has a less prominent pointed casting. On the upper and lower side clamp end, the early pedal has casting ridges from the clamp bolt hole to where the arm is welded to the clamp. Later pedals don't have these cast ridges. Final difference is where the bend in the pedal occurs The early pedal has a bend slightly further forward from the mount to the later pedal.
As an aside I started collecting these pedals some years ago and was lucky enough to snap up a NOS one off eBay. The early one in the photo is that same NOS pedal.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:15:04 am by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Riccardo

• View Profile
Hello KP and Steve, actually something that I had never thought of before. I remember riding  my bikes I always noticed that one of them had the pedal more 'comfortable to use, without bumping your foot on the engine cover. Now that I reflect on it may be due to a different bending and welding a more 'outside the knurled part of the pedal. Tomorrow I'll check in the garage.
Soon.
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored