Honda CB750 Sandcast

Yamiya K0 Shocks

4pots1969

• View Profile
Good to here reports like this.  every time i ride 2157 (original. deCarbon Nitrogen filled) i am impressed overall with it's ride, ability to absorb bumps and manage turns.  considering it is a 46 year old motorcycle design.

Steve... This is normal because De Carbon is the French quality!  ;D ;D :D :D

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Good to here reports like this.  every time i ride 2157 (original. deCarbon Nitrogen filled) i am impressed overall with it's ride, ability to absorb bumps and manage turns.  considering it is a 46 year old motorcycle design.

Absolument !  ;D

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Absolument !  ;D

On another note......  much of many old brand names and in general, tools, equipment, products we purchase in USA are made in China.  and i see de Carbon was purchased by the Chinese.  Are many old European brand names now made in China ?

ashimotok0

• View Profile
This response from Yamiya on this welding is a poor excuse for crap (as their copies of shock absorbers...) that is worthless and should be well they find something to respond...
They also sell the (more expensive) original Honda model that doesn't have as big weld and if there was a security problem has this place Honda would have modified it for a long time...
Gerard

I thought that Honda no longer manufacture sell K0/K1 shocks? (see image attached)
The ones I bought before they discontinued  have springs with wire diameter 6.9 mm.Pity nobody sells an original K0 style spring,so I could swap them.
Thanks to Steve's observations/photo I managed to get a refund from Yamiya, as they were awaiting an additional order from me, so lucky escape. agree fully that there is no excuse for poor welding.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:09:25 pm by ashimotok0 »

4pots1969

• View Profile
When I see this seller sandguss Ebay Germany (which is registered on this website) proposed these same bad copies for €589,00/$688,00 by saying that these are excellent reproductions...There well I want to type in the walls...
This is ugly for the image of the Group..  >:( >:(    
When registered on the SancastOnly I think it must demonstrate integrity and respect from other members...
Is it possible to establish rules for it?  No... I do not think..
Gerard

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Honda-CB-750-Four-Sandcast-K0-Stosdampfer-Set-Cushion-Assy-rear-/321199255195?hash=item4ac8f7ae9b
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 05:57:53 am by 4pots1969 »

4pots1969

• View Profile
Gerard, in the early years of this website, a couple of us shared your exact thoughts.

What do you suggest ?

I dont know... Maybe two yellow cards and one red as in international football??
But it's just an idea like that...

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Gerard, in the early years of this website, a couple of us shared your exact thoughts.

What do you suggest ?

I dont know... Maybe two yellow cards and one red as in international football??
But it's just an idea like that...

sandguss, aka Manfred Doering used to on a very limited basis involve himself with SOOC.  Manfred moved on from SOOC a long time ago.  what sooc does and what Manfred does are unrelated.   he's not promoting anything on sooc.   i have not heard from Manfred for at least several years.  tried to get him involved with sooc on the "International/European News" section of website.  i like to be inclusive, but for whatever reasons, some people are not participators.  

in the usa we have a term "dead wood."  there's quite a bit of "dead wood" in sooc.  only a few of us seem to want to be involved with SOOC and i have to be on a limited basis.  but i still really enjoy things sandcast.  i am member of 4 other forums, 3/4 related to my 1927.  and i participate FAR less on them than i do here.  so, i'm kind of dead wood myself.

fire ball bike

• View Profile
dead wood I call my self a card holder in the clubs and groups I'm in I mite not participate  much but I really enjoy this site I will click it on at lest 2 or 3 times a day just to see whats going on out here in the sand cast world its disappointing to turn on the computer not to see any new post at all in a day but of course I could try to do better and post sum but id rather just read them any way just wanted to say I do enjoy the club   fire ball bike

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My belief is the one you should be avoiding at all costs is seller ANDY_CEPOK who coincidentally is a seller from Germany. His feedback says it all. I have bought items from him which he stated were "Genuine Honda" only to find they are were repops/aftermarket. When challenged he refused to answer my emails about his claim of Genuine parts. To me this is a far worse situation than overpricing. From my dealings with Manfred, he at least states if a part is a reproduction. He's certainly not doing anything that other sellers aren't. Yes, some of his stuff is expensive but to those of us who want the genuine hard to find part, you sometimes just have to pay the price.
The following linked items of Cepok are far from genuine IMHO. If you browse his listings you will find others. A well used trick (or ruse) is to have a part with a genuine Honda parts label in the photograph but when you receive the part, no parts label.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Zifferblatter-Tachometer-Scheiben-Tachoscheiben-DZM-KM-H-Honda-CB-750-Four-K2-/360513066432?hash=item53f040d5c0
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-CB750-Four-K0-K2-Anbauteil-Sozius-Fusrasten-Neu-/360843103931?hash=item5403eccebb
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-CB-750-Four-K0-K1-K2-K6-K7-F1-F2-wire-harness-alternator-new-/290949292135?hash=item43bdede067
One thing I do know is that people join this site for many and varied reasons. Some for no other reason than to sell. As Steve said Manfred was an active member some years back as were others. Maybe he's just moved on
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i probably should apologize for my 'deadwood' comment, but like i said, i include myself in that category.  i just tend to "blah blah" a bit more.  probably a good time to keep my foot in my mouth so i don't have two feet in it instead of one.

fire ball bike

• View Profile
Steve no need to apologize i meant to have said i liked the term deadwood i have been called a card holder for years and if a apple is a apple call it a apple its not a bad thing to let others no whats going on it mite help sum us down the rode

4pots1969

• View Profile
I completely agree with you KP that some sales are not clear also to Andy.Cepok...
It has been a long time since I noticed that it describes certain parts as being parts OEM Honda while it is not true...
Repeatedly I he is asked if it was about original parts Honda but I have never had answer...
Apparently, the lure of gain is more important here than the passion of Sandcast he even...
A blacklist of the doubtful sellers would be maybe welcome?
But is it also registered on this website?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:25:57 pm by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i never heard of Andy Cepok until KP mentioned his name. 

and for the record, Manffred Doering "sandguss "was never an active member, what little he did contribute, i had pretty much came to him beseeching.  all that was around 2006-7.  his "contributions on the "International European" seemed more like an advertisement for his parts than anything personal as to what sandcast news there was going on in Europe.

imho what we really need is a "30 something" to pick up and carry on our sooc passion, before all us old folks head to the great sandcastle in the sky.  maybe someday i'll offer a competition to any/all 30 somethings to write an essay why they LOVE and have PASSION for 1969 CB750 sandcast motorcycles.  the top 3 essay "winners" would then need to come out, meet me in person and agree to carry on the website.  the essay winner woujld receive one of my sandcasts as the award.  i can be a wild and crazy guy.  hmm.

noe of us are going to be around forever, we're all headed in the same direction.  if sandcast fever dies with this website and with Vic World, then perhaps it will carry on in the sohc4 domain world.

4pots1969

• View Profile
Be active would really be the last straw..!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:33:36 am by 4pots1969 »