Honda CB750 Sandcast

5mm cables

Garry32

• View Profile
Hi, Can anyone tell me is 5mm the circumference of the throttle cable to suit the 28 topped carbs.
Does anyone have any dimensions.
Or better still a set for sale.
Thank you Garry :)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i believe the early thr.cable housing is measured by diameter (5 mm) not by circumference.

Steven Vanzetto would know the dimensions, he made really very gorgeous copies a few years back.  i don't have a spare 5 mm cable to measure from.

they show up from time to time on ebay.  if you seriously want a 5 mm cable, i would search ebay 1st thing upon awakening at least once during the day before i go to bed.  at least that's my obcessive style.  if one surfaces on ebay, be prepared to bid big bucks.  "someone" a couple days ago on ebay, got super lucky on a complete rack of late 1-4 carbs with full set of #28 tops (no cable.)  around $850 as i recall.  set of #28 caps and cable was selling a couple years ago for $650 - $750.

Garry32

• View Profile

Erling

• View Profile
Dimensions of 5mm throttle cable!
Might not be correct as I got changed the high broad handlebars.
There are no end protection on the cable at the throttle end! Like on all 4 carb ends.
The whole set is 1070mm long including nipples.
Single cable 540mm.
The longer of the short ones 265mm. The short ones 245mm.
The 1 into 4 thing 90mm long.
Adding these numbers give 985mm!
Rest is free cable some 30mm for the carburettors!
I.e. pulling the throttle end out the carb ends protrudes to the top of the 5mm high nipple 31-29-29-30!
The throttle end from cable end to 6mm nipple 127mm including the in my case 56mm long adjuster.
The adjuster can lengthen 10mm further and takes 12mm cable into hiding.
Cables are firm into both ends of 1 into 4 thing.
Seems to be same dimension cable on my bicycle. The 1 into 4 thing might be the stumbling stone!
               Erling.

Garry32

• View Profile
Wow thank you very very much Erling loads of info regarding the cable.
Garry  :)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com