Honda CB750 Sandcast

3 Way Brake Splitter

kp · 9 · 2503

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The brake splitter on the left in each photo is the early sandcast type that was used up to VIN 2157 in conjunction with the short neck hoses. Later brake splitters had a relief cast into the splitter end with locked the banjo fitting in place. Of note is that the short neck brake hoses also fit the later splitter.
Yabba Dabba KP

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
When I recently dismounted #4091/3653 I found some odd things on this bike. The bike has had a chainbreak in the past so the Engine has been dismounted once. The guy who made it did a very nice welding job and the top end was never opened. Repairguy also mounted a homemade extra spring to push the primary chain tensioner. Has anyone seen that Before?
1. It has a early 3-way junction but it has longnecked brakehoses.
2. It has a main wiring with end nr -040. I thought these ended at VIN 3000.
3. It has small "8" with a spot below on both short M10 Engine mounting bolts. I thought these appeared much later.
Bo from sweden
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:02:03 am by bojje »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A photo of the chain tensioner would be interesting
Yabba Dabba KP

DW69K0

• View Profile
KP & Bo,
I own 4089/E3599, which is only three digits lower. Thought I would share some photos, so here is the chain tensioner from 4089.
Photo attached.
DW

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
I left all engine alloyparts last Friday for glassballblasting and trombeling ( I think you call vibrating in small steelballs trombeling). Whats your question about chain tensioner Kerry? It is a normal brushed tensioner with clearcoat on. It is not a sandcasted tensioner.
Bo

DW69K0

• View Profile
Bo,
Here is a photo of the 10mm "8" blot on the alternator side of the engine on frame 4089.
Is this the same style as you have on frame 4091?
Best,
Duane

DW69K0

• View Profile
Bo,
To dig deeper into your questions:

1. It has a early 3-way junction but it has longnecked brake-hoses. [font=Verdana]This is the same for 4089, with early 3-way junction[/font]
2. It has a main wiring with end nr -040. I thought these ended at VIN 3000. Same as on frame 4089 with -040 wire harness
3. It has small "8" with a spot below on both short M10 Engine mounting bolts. I thought these appeared much later. Sent photo in earlier post.

Hope other weigh-in.
Best,
DW

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
Thanks for your information about #4089. Your enginebolt looks to be a little different from mine. If you look in the Picture below youŽll find spot on mine are right under, or maybe over, "8". My Picture shows one enginebolt, right side, and one lower forkbridge bolt.
Interesting how many different thing they used at that time. Our biggest problem is however "What is Wright and what is wrong".
Bo

DW69K0

• View Profile
Bo,
Here is an interesting observation, the photos are from Frame 3043, which show a variation from clutch side bolts, the alternator side 10mm "8" bolt is the same style as 4089.
Curious if other members have variations with these 10mm bolts.
Best,
DW