Honda CB750 Sandcast

Seat strap screw or screws

chrisnoel

• View Profile
looking for a seat strap screw that is restorable.  Chrome doesn't have to look nice but I do expect the screw socket to be very close to original, not cammed out by screwdrivers.  Would also like the back threaded side to be lightly weathered rather than rust pitted or broken.  

Not interested in the #4 screw head from Yamiya...  The #2 small screw head is what I'm looking for.  If you have two and the strap brackets as well I'd be interested but I really only need one screw.  

christopher_noel92@hotmail.com  is my e-mail.  I no longer use the old college e-mail through the site.  

I have a gold air box, an NOS repop Honda mirror, an original mirror, damaged, good for parts and a few other bits that I'd be very reasonable on if you have a something for me.  
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:40:23 pm by chrisnoel »

Tango911

• View Profile
This may be too rusty.  the seat was changed back in the day but may still be the same strap and screws. 

4pots1969

• View Profile
This may be too rusty.  the seat was changed back in the day but may still be the same strap and screws.  

They are different from the K0 seat...
Why don't buy them you at Yamiya?
You can have them for + or - $20,00 including shipping...

chrisnoel

• View Profile
I have the Yamiya's.  The Philips slots are huge compared to originals.  Would rather have ones that I need to restore over the Yamiya's.  

Took me three years to find all the right #8 bolts,  I'm not about to let the seat screws be wrong.  

I don't think these things are rare but it sure is turning out to be a difficult quest to find them.

Thanks for the offer Tango but it looks like someone put a later strap on that seat.  

Attached is a photo of the one original screw I have vs. my seat with the Yamiya hardware installed.

Fortunately I have the rest of the hardware for re-chroming as I think polishing the tool marks out of those stainless brackets would also be a waste of time.  

The seat cover from Yamiya is second to none but I sure wish they had more accurate bits for the finishing touches.  I suppose this would make their parts require even more saving up than present though. 

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:44:55 pm by chrisnoel »

4pots1969

• View Profile
Yes, I completely agree with you for the cruxiforme imprint, which is slightly different from the original screws...
But in the meantime to find the original screws, this allows to reassemble the saddle... It is a good solution to advance, and it is very easy to go back... I have two three parts hoping to find original parts one day... Otherwise, it may not advance...
After, you do as you see fit, it is just good advice...;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:45:27 am by 4pots1969 »

sandcast6223

• View Profile
Hi All,

Did anyone ever find a source for the correct screws ?

Yes, I need some....

Thanks

Carl