Honda CB750 Sandcast

WHO WANTS A 50th ANNIVERSARY MEET !!??!!

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
 :) OK.......... ATTENTION you all !

So, all of us in attendance agree we definitely want a 50th meet and again it will be a once in a lifetime event for some of us !

No time like now to keep the idea alive and start sharing discussion of ideas about the when, how, what and where of it all.

There are definitely people who we want to see attend that could not make it this time, Vince Cioti, Eli Sentman, Chris Noel, KP McGovern, Mark Troxell, Wes Anderson, Riccardo Ferri, Curt Hollis, Rob Sneil, Steve Vanzetto, Kenji Asai, Takeshi Umino, to name a few.......... !

And Kevin Dodge....... PLEASE have your 2xxx bike finished for the 50th so you can be the hit of the show, hands down all the way. Certainly Vic knows good machinists who can make any parts you need. I know a machinist who could repair that engine, i have seen his work first hand and and as a friend who has been a top rate machinist fabricator for 35 years, he has repaired beautifully two savagely broken cases for me and his repair is all but not-detectable. As well, he is also a competent and experienced engine builder for AMA novice, amateur and pro level riders as well as managing racing teams in the 90's, so Tom not only has the stuff- he knows his stuff......! Kevin we all want to see 2xxx in our lifetime. Tell us what you need, the current status of the bike, there are guys out there who know where to source the experience to make 2xxx a running, fully operating reality if you need the resources.

So, let's ALL discuss on an ongoing basis our ideas to make the how, when, where and what of the meet a reality !

Again, i am collecting pictures, sending them on to KP who has a file for them, i will be writing up a story about the meet and captions for every picture, if all of you would do the same and send them to me, that'd be FANTASTIC !!!!

KP will then get them loaded into the website.

Rah, rah, rah, sis koom ba, go team !  :) ;D ::) 8) :-\

donzie

• View Profile

1941wld

• View Profile
Hi guy's, I made the meet. I had a great time. Met Steve and the guys. I brought my bike. Steve asked if I wanted to added it to the show, that made me very proud to be invited in. My bike is an original rider, not a beauty like those in the tent. Thanks Steve for making me feel welcome.

Also I'd like to thank Steve and the guys who made this a great event.

My vote would be for Barber. It is the perfect place for the 50th. There is no meeting place finer.

I would like to see everone at Barber this year for a roaring good time. It's still the 40th and Barber is the best of all that is in motorcycling. I look forward to seeing you all there in Oct.

Best Regards, 1941wld

myhondas

• View Profile
Well of course ! But wouldn't it be great if the AMA would get on board and make the VMD in '19 a marque and classic club event on the 750. 60th of Honda USA, 50th of 750, 95th of AMA etc...... need to start putting the idea out there so that maybe they think they thought of it and then.... it might happen.

apexhntr

• View Profile
AMA VMD in 10 years...cool......hate to have to wait so long to have as much fun as we did last month. Perhaps VJMC would be the best way to coordinate with members going to Mid-Ohio in the interim years. Thinking ahead is the best way to orchestrate another milestone event for the CB750. Count me in!

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
hmm ten years is a long time ? how about a 40th anniversary for us poor britts next year that sounds better lol

1941wld

• View Profile
Barber Vintage Motorcycle Fest. is going to be here soon. The VJMC is going to be there in full force. It's a great meet and facility. Donzie and I will be there. We will be at vendor spots D13, D14, D15. Stop by and have a coke with us.

Last year there was a sandcast engine across the road from us for sale, small world. The Jap parts are plentiful and the people are great.

Plenty to do and see. Bring your sandcast and make a lap on the road race track. Seems like a perfect place for the Sandy's. 1941wld

bojje

• View Profile
Hi All!
I would really like to join a 50:th anniverary meeting since the 40:th was a great thing for me. If I´m able in 6 years I´ll send a container with two of my sandcasts (180/302 and something else) to USA and show up with them in a van at the meeting. Please friends, I dont want to miss such an event.
Two weeks ago I was on a trip with 3 other motorcykleriders. I rode as first and when I stopped at a place nr 2 also did comfortly. Unfortunately nr 3 was looking at a tractor on the left side and when he looked forward again he saw us 2 standing 30 m in front of him. He pushed the brakes so he turned over and, when I was standing with my bike on the left foot, he crashed with 20 mp/h in my left knee. I rode the bike the 30 miles back to from where we started with my injured knee and a lot of pain. Last week I had a surgery, the bonepiece is back again and mounted with a plate with 6 screws. I´m not allowed to step on the left leg the coming 5 weeks and after that I´ll guess it takes another 4 weeks until I´m ready for biking again. As you all understand my motorcycleseason ended much to quick this year. At the end, even if you are without guilt, keep your eyes open and drive safely!
Best Regards, Bo from Sweden.

DW69K0

• View Profile
It's now 2015, so only four years to the 50th anniversary Sandcast event. Trying to keep this alive as this will be a once in a lifetime event. We are not getting any younger, so let's keep planning and preparing our bikes for this event.
Thoughts?
Duane

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i know some guys want to have something like a 50th at another major meet or venue, which of course would take communication, cooperation and coordination with the entity putting on the meet, e.g., AMA for VMD.   

I'm done collecting, my 1927 H-D JD is my final personal acquisition.  When my JD project is finished, i'm done restoring for myself. 

i've never liked attending events, especially if a 50th were one put on by (unlikely) the Honda Corporation.  bluntly, getting big wigs involved, turns into a corporate dog and pony show.  Far more than i care to be involved with; loses the essence of the passion for why i ever started liking a CB750 in the first place.  on the other hand, if 50th by Honda, then there might be historic people there and other very good reasons for me to brave such a corporate happening. 

Frankly, my vote would be to keep it elegantly simple.  i don't need or desire dog and pony show entertainment.  i'd say have it at Keith's, Marks or maybe Vic's if he'd go for the idea.

Or.....  since i know where 2113 sold to, i have debated the idea contacting the owner of 2113 and see if he would be willing to be involved with a 50th Anni. 

Only one thing, imho, could beat seeing 2113 as the 50th centerpiece attraction.   that one thing would actually be two things......  seeing the 1xxx early pre-prod beside the late pre-prod 2113.

markb

• View Profile
I get what you're saying Steve.  However, I might be interested too.  I hope to hell to #97 done by then.  :o  ;)  :D Depending on where it is I might even bring it along.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi All!
I would really like to join a 50:th anniverary meeting since the 40:th was a great thing for me. If I´m able in 6 years I´ll send a container with two of my sandcasts (180/302 and something else) to USA and show up with them in a van at the meeting. Please friends, I dont want to miss such an event.
Two weeks ago I was on a trip with 3 other motorcykleriders. I rode as first and when I stopped at a place nr 2 also did comfortly. Unfortunately nr 3 was looking at a tractor on the left side and when he looked forward again he saw us 2 standing 30 m in front of him. He pushed the brakes so he turned over and, when I was standing with my bike on the left foot, he crashed with 20 mp/h in my left knee. I rode the bike the 30 miles back to from where we started with my injured knee and a lot of pain. Last week I had a surgery, the bonepiece is back again and mounted with a plate with 6 screws. I´m not allowed to step on the left leg the coming 5 weeks and after that I´ll guess it takes another 4 weeks until I´m ready for biking again. As you all understand my motorcycleseason ended much to quick this year. At the end, even if you are without guilt, keep your eyes open and drive safely!
Best Regards, Bo from Sweden.

Holy shit, Bo !  Have you recovered ?

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bo posted last in Sept. 2014.

As for a 50th anniversary event I would love to meet you guys. How does Ontario Canada sound? ;)

Oh yeah, we're going to need SOOC swag. :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:01:32 pm by Wayne »
[size=

DW69K0

• View Profile
Who cares about corporate, I want to see the bike that have personal connections with SCOOC in a large group assembled and a bunch of personal information passed between members. The dynamics of getting us together and showing off our bikes and passing  along information is what would make a good 50th, IMHO.
DW

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
Great idea.  I will be glad to help, I have experience with national meets for the VJMC.

We should try to locate it some place centrally located so he could all get there with the same amount of driving.

Otherwise how about a historic place related to Honda.

Maybe the first shop on Pico Blvd in Gardenia , Los Angeles ??