Honda CB750 Sandcast

WHO WANTS A 50th ANNIVERSARY MEET !!??!!

kmb69

• View Profile
Frankly, my vote would be to keep it elegantly simple.  i don't need or desire dog and pony show entertainment.  i'd say have it at Keith's, Marks or maybe Vic's if he'd go for the idea.
Damn, that would only give me 4 years to get the shop cleaned up!  ;D

Joe K

• View Profile
I think it would be good to have it at the annual Vintage Barber Event in Alabama.

Joe K.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I think it would be good to have it at the annual Vintage Barber Event in Alabama.

Joe K.

I would agree with that, Joe.  And....  if  there is a chance to have 2113 be the centerpiece, Barber would be the most appropriate venue.  2113's presence would be the gleaming top gem on the peak of the 50th being a crowing event to remember.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Having had a great time at mid-Ohio in 2009 at the "40th" meet, Barber for the 50th sounds a great idea.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

bojje

• View Profile
Hi Stewe!
I´ve not seen your comment until today. Yes, I´m recovered and last year lost 30 Pounds, Walking 5 km every second day so I feel like I´m back like 20 years ago.
I´ve sent a question on general discussion who is responsibel for the directory today. There has been some Changes in my Collection. #1266/1216 and #3412/3838 are sold as fully restored here in Sweden. I´ve bought an Engine since I find it interesting E7414, and finally I´ve bought a two-digit bike #24/43. Last one will is bought dismounted and it will be interesting to bring it back to how it looked in March 1969.
It would be nice to bring it fully restored to a 50-th anniversary.
Best Regards, Bo

cb7504

• View Profile

Joe K

• View Profile
To All:

Just a reminder that we are getting closer to the 50th anniversary!  Does Barber in Alabama seem like the best choice and location for European and American members?  2019 isn't that far away and we know how fast time goes!

Joe K.

vince ciotti

• 1st place at Santa Fe Concorso in 2014
    • View Profile
Steve,

I'd be honored to bring my #347 and would try to get my good friend Wes Anderson to join too as he has SEVERAL sandcasts. I agree with prior posts about avoiding a big show, especially VJMC which has become such a bureaucratic nightmare under the new events (over)coordinator. Best would be a Sandcast-only show as it could get lots of press from the bike mags. From a geographic standpoint, best location would be somewhere in the middle of the country to minimize travel for those on the coasts, and in the spring on 2019 when the temp isn't too hot or cold. Be glad to help with all the emails and reg crap too.

Regards,

Vince Ciotti

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Im inspired to do something big for the 50th anniversary: a ride from California to the Barber on a sandcast! Arrival would be timed for the sandcast meetup at the Barber. I think a friend and fellow board member wants to join.

Also, I have an idea for shirts to commemorate the occasion:

k0-shirts by samuelmroberts, on Flickr

So the BIG question is when? Summer is probably best right?

I have a contact at the Barber and at Honda...perhaps they can get involved.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Joe K

• View Profile
Hi Ujeni,

I may be up to driving to Barber with you.  I live in Los Angeles.  I like the shirt idea too.

Joe K.

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great! This could be a historic trip...imagine sandcasts zooming down a desert highway!

Anyone have dates in mind yet? If not, I could propose a few options.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Don R

• View Profile
  Watching with interest.
  On the sohc world tour we met in Topeka at the Motorcycle Classics office. We got a tour, lunch and a short write-up with a 1"x1"  photo of the 6 of us handing off the relay banner, logbook and 12" tall Godzilla that we took pictures with. My brother and I did Topeka to Chicago and I lined up the riders to PA. It eventually went to 48 states and the Ca. provinces, Australia and Europe ending back at Daytona the following year.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:40:16 am by Don R »

honda mec

• View Profile
Super idea, count me in on the LA to Barber Sandcast run next year. Anytime in the summer would work well for me.

Brian

acruz

• View Profile
HI fellas,
i'd be interested in coming to the meet. I know it's not written in stone yet - Any information with regards to place and time.  Just wondering.  thanks Arnold.