Honda CB750 Sandcast

Repro "K0" Owner's Manual

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hermann 'gave' me 7 copies of the Owner's Manuals he had reproduced.

The reproduction is what i would consider nearly perfect.

Casual examination reveals the pictures not quite as distinct as original, but the quality of the pictures is still very good.

Overall, i would say Hermann "nailed" this reproduction manual. The "print date" is March, 1970.

These repro manuals are $40, shipping included anywhere in the USA.

If you want one, email me at sandcast232@yahoo.com

fang

• View Profile
    • Food Renegade
Is it possible that digital versions be made available? I would be willing to pitch in some money to help facilitate a digital copy which could be shared by the whole community.

-fang

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
How many of you out there need a 70.3 Owner's Manual ?

If someone knows how to use the technology to convert paper manual to electronic, we will find a way to load it onto the site.

May be good to do that with a parts manual and an shop manual as well.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yo all
Sorry fang and the thought is good but ya just canna reproduce a copyright work and publish for all and sundry on this site. There's rules and rules is rules billy bob.
I know the fella that had these copies done and whilst I'm not sure if he sought permission to do it (probability = unlikely) but we certainly don't want to go copying his work of someones else s work.
Steve has been able to get some repo handbooks let's just run with that for the time being
KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Good point, KP. i know there have been others who have duplicated certain items and ***** went after them. NOT A GOOD THING TO HAVE HAPPEN, IF ONE VALUES THEIR SERENITY. So, will not duplicate manuals....... at least while ***** remains in business.

rf065

• View Profile
Yo all
Sorry fang and the thought is good but ya just canna reproduce a copyright work and publish for all and sundry on this site. There's rules and rules is rules billy bob.
I know the fella that had these copies done and whilst I'm not sure if he sought permission to do it (probability = unlikely) but we certainly don't want to go copying his work of someones else s work.
Steve has been able to get some repo handbooks let's just run with that for the time being
KP

Are you sure? Copyright does not last forever and once information is regarded as being in the public domain there are no penalties for reproducing it. We are talking about very old material here.

Russ

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Russ, Let me tell you my friend that copyright lasts the life of the producer and then some and can only be reproduced if ownership is transferred or permission given to reproduce. And then you add another number of decades before it becomes a public work. Honda are alive and well and even though they are no a living being as such they are an entity for the purpose of copyright. You are, in most countries, allowed to reproduce a copyrighted work in part provided you acknowledge the producer/owner of that work.
As for reproducing a work owned by Honda, yes this can occur, BUT only with the permission of Honda and even then they generally assess and agree that the reproduced work is up to their standard.
Reproduction decals in Canada have first hand experience if you care to ask them
And your initial question "are you sure?". Yes my friend I am sure and you should do your own research on the subject as the information is available via a google search. KP
Yabba Dabba KP