Honda CB750 Sandcast

Greetings from the other side of the planet, Tasmania.

Brad · 2 · 1433

Brad

• View Profile
Hello I'm Brad. Proud owner of a 1970 diecast.
Was always a fan of the Honda 750-Four. A few of my cobbers had them in my youth however I went down the Moto Guzzi road for many years, in fact still got the one I bought as a 20 year old in 1984.
Several years ago I bought a 1972 750-four with either a K7 or F2 motor in it quite cheap (for here) and really enjoy riding it even though it is a bit long in the tooth.
It re-ignited my interest in these old bikes. So about 4 years ago on a complete whim I bought my KO on ebay.
The KO I bought had originally belonged to an aviator from Montana who kept it in his air conditioned hangar nestled beside his other loves...his 2 planes. From what I understand it got a few runs up and down the runway each year and perhaps a trip into the local town occasionally.
When I got it it had about 12,400 miles on it and it felt like a brand new bike to ride. With original everything.
A closer inspection has revealed a few things need changing but I won't go into that now as it is an introduction.
Also own a Harley and my wifey rides a Bonneville.
Not racist when it comes to bikes around here :).
Would love to get my mits on a Sandcast one day. Missed out by the skin of my teeth (or maybe indecision) recently, but still optimistic. You just don't see many of em for sale here in Australia.
In fact even KO's (diecast) are not seen very often here and when I got mine I thought I'd just sort of store it as an investment. After 3 or 4 years of that I realised there is no use dying with a bike in your shed that you have not had the pleasure of riding. So it is now registered and a user.
Will try and put a picture up.
Looking forward to being on this forum.
Cheers
Brad  (Picture file is too large, can't put it up) Hopefully I will work it out.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 04:42:43 pm by Brad »

UK Pete

• View Profile