Honda CB750 Sandcast

Fender With A Cable Guide

kp · 7 · 3568

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve F, I finally got that box of fenders down from the top shelf and took some pics of the fender with the filled speedo cable guide
I have 3 double cut fenders and as you can see they are all the same except one came with a factory punched cable guide.
I had the hole filled by my local panel shop and they sure did a great job. Here are the pics I promised and the one with the filled cable guide hole is the the fender on the right in one shot and the left in the other. The fender that looks a bit shiney is the rusty fender I got off ebay. I have 3 bikes and now have 3 fenders. Cheers.

Yabba Dabba KP

Bickle

Thanks KP...I guess I will be looking for a talented metal person to do mine.....prolly not this year though....here's a pic....

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well, well, well Steve. That's a turnup for the books. Here am I thinking maybe the hole was pressed in by someone else. But then I couldn't imagine that being done. Thanks for the pic Steve. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Blake Withrow

• View Profile
Thought I'd add this for posterity. Double cut front fender with cable guide on K0 1016662 build 12/69.

Nielsen

• View Profile
KP

Do you know how the lokal panel shop did the job. The exact proceedure. I have a cut fender with a cable guide, and a guy thought he could do the job, but he was not lucky. He made at little piece of metal witch fits in the hole and welded in by CO-welding. He told me that it is impossible to control the heat on such a thin fender (0,7mm). He burnt through.
I have to say that he is an experienced man.

Karsten