Honda CB750 Sandcast

7/E90 now in VIN Directory

Wayne · 30 · 13216

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
VIN and engine number are documented in the warranty document and in the service booklet. Maybe the owner of 007 still has them.

I do.
It's amazing that we have someone in our group who bought their sandcast from new and still owns the bike. Ulrich, that certainly deserves a special mention in the VIN Directory IMHO
Yabba Dabba KP

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Its only a diecast.

I got her from the inheritor of the one and only PO who died at the age of 80. He did 243.000 km  (151k mls) with her.
Found those documents including the purchase invoice (again with VIN and engine number) in a folder.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 06:44:31 am by Sgt.Pinback »
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pic of the neck VIN.
[size=

Garry32

• View Profile
Well I would say that sure enough looks genuine Wayne.
Garry :) :)

4pots1969

• View Profile
All the zeros are impressive!! :o :o :o
For me too it seems authentic...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:17:35 am by 4pots1969 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I thought I would do an update on this early frame number after receiving information on historic ownership from both of the second owner's sons. Not being a US citizen, my understanding of the issuing of "Titles" was vague and I believed that a single title was issued to a specific vehicle, and this title was handed to each owner of the said vehicle from then on. Mr Swan kindly cleared my ignorance in that new titles are issued to each new owner of a vehicle. So the title dated 1973 doesn't infer the vehicle was first titled in 1973. Thanks to Mr Swan for clearing that up for me  ;D
Anyway to the subject at hand
An Ownership History of Honda CB750K - Frame 7 Engine 90
Honda CB750K, frame number 1000007 was originally purchased by Carl Cocram towards the end of 1969 (or early 1970) from Burke's Honda, Modesto California. In December 1970, Carl sold the motorcycle to William Gilley who retained ownership until 1973. William sold the motorcycle to Frank Stalter, whose name still appears on the title. Due to ill health Frank sold the motorcycle back to William Gilley in 1975 and William remained the owner of the motorcycle until his passing in March 2017. Ownership of the motorcycle transferred to William's surviving sons, Kenny and Larry Gilley in 2017. With the exception of a 2 year break in ownership, the Gilley family has approximately 45 years ownership, (approximately 43 being continuous)
Both sons have stated they believe the engine to be original.
Yabba Dabba KP

Aurelia B20

• View Profile
    • Honda 60-70's
Some news about this bike 7/E90, it seems to be for sale in France, you can see the ad here https://www.lesanciennes.com/annonce/honda-cb-750-four-k0-1969-a497133?ftype=vo&fcat=motos&q=Honda&rt=o
Did you know it was in France ?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 08:50:16 am by Aurelia B20 »
Patrick

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Some news about this bike 7/E90, it seems to be for sale in France, you can see the ad here https://www.lesanciennes.com/annonce/honda-cb-750-four-k0-1969-a497133?ftype=vo&fcat=motos&q=Honda&rt=o
Did you know it was in France ?

If that is 7/E90 it no longer appears to be “unmolested” for sure. The picture I received years back of the frame vin showed the expected patina. (Light rust). Also I see later upper brake hose, no thin lipped alt cover and a locking tank cap?? Maybe that’s a requirement to import into France? I wish the images were higher resolution with pics of the VIN’s.
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What the heck is going on here? Overspray on the seat pan and a masked area on the tank?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:35:11 pm by Wayne »
[size=

Aurelia B20

• View Profile
    • Honda 60-70's
Yes, that's strange that paint on the seat pan !
No requirement about import into France, I don't know why all these change were made ?
I'll ask the seller to send me more information and detailed pics and I come back here  ;)
Patrick

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OK. The seller actually posted the bike as CB750-10007!! We would be more inclined to post it as CB750-10007XX Mystery solved, it’s not a listing for 7/E90.
[size=

Aurelia B20

• View Profile
    • Honda 60-70's
Yes, it's possible, I am waiting for the answer of the seller about frame and engine numbers ...
Patrick

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, it's possible, I am waiting for the answer of the seller about frame and engine numbers ...

I can assure you it’s not 7/E90. I’ve confirmed the location of the bike and it’s not in France.
[size=

Aurelia B20

• View Profile
    • Honda 60-70's
Thanks Wayne, I will inform you as soon as I have the right numbers, but the seller don't answer my messages ...  :(
Patrick