Honda CB750 Sandcast

Unidentified Airbox Components

42barab

• View Profile
There's a schematic of a CB750 Sandcast Airbox on the Yamiya website that shows unidentified parts.  Can anyone tell me what they are in the attached drawing, Yamiya's F-16?  Could they be for CB400F only?

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's a schematic of a later model air filter box so you would need to find a later model parts manual to see what the intended function of the fitting does. It's certainly not an early Sandcast or Diecast schematic. Someone like Keith, who has worked in the industry, may be able to answer
Yabba Dabba KP

kmb69

• View Profile
He ask the same question over on SOHC forum and I answered it with a picture from the Honda CB750 Parts List published 04 1969.
It is obviously NOT A SANDCAST schematic no matter how Yamiya750 has it labeled.
I also reviewed all of CMSNL's part list, all countries, all year models, and that schematic did not show up.
Not sure where Yamiya750 got it from. But DEFINITELY NOT Sandcast as KP said.
It pictures a ribbed air box so it has to be K1 or later as KP said.

I should add, I have never seen those items or that schematic previously and had not noticed it on Yamiya750.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 09:28:57 pm by kmb69 »

Don R

• View Profile
 That's for a later model emissions bike with a vent in the airbox for burning crankcase fumes. The 400F looks nothing like that.