Honda CB750 Sandcast

Mecum Auction in Las Vegas Jan 22-26

Sam · 7 · 2110

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Anyone going to this? I'll be there. Might be fun to have a sandcast owners meetup!

1750 bikes going up for auction including at least five sandcasts from what I have found.

Will you be there?
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

acruz

• View Profile
Hi Sam, how was the auction?   Did you get anything good? 

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Auction was a lot of fun. Met some great people and saw some amazing bikes!

There were five sandcasts and at least two diecasts there. The two Vic World bikes were the nicest. One of the sandcasts was all original. Stuck motor, but all of the rare stuff was there! It went for 18k. The two sandcasts from the MC Collection were a mess and went higher than they should have.

The only bike that I bought was a 1959 MV Agusta 175 CSTL. Great little Italian bike that will spend most of its time on display in my livingroom (though I already have it running)!

Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Diecast #16608

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sam, Do you know if there is a published list of prices realised for the bikes overall. There were some real gems in that group
Yabba Dabba KP

42barab

• View Profile
Sam

That 1959 MV Agusta 175 CSTL is a nice looking bike.  I was wondering why you singled it out, and if you intend to ride it at all?

John

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
KP, you can signuo for Mecum InfoNet for free. That will show you the final prices for everything that sold (including the premiums). I agree, there were sone really stellar bikes. The Steve McQueen Ace was one of the most incredible bikes I have ever seen. The restoration on that bike was inspiring. The zero-mile RC30 was quite the time capsule too. It went for $110k!!!! Insane!

42barab, I have been searching for a small italian bike for a few years. They are little jewels. A big amount of style and character in a small package. Fun to ride here and there...but also looks great in my livingroom!

Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Diecast #16608

42barab

• View Profile
It seems to complement the wall hanging nicely.  Looks good there.