Honda CB750 Sandcast

Estimated value ?

Sterling1

• View Profile
 Although I have been collecting sandcast Honda's for about 15 years, I am a bit out of date on their values now. I have a bare sandcast frame and engine cases, including correct oil pan and 1969 title, which have been sitting in my garage for over 5 years while other projects took priority. I  am debating on building it or selling it now. Numbers are around 3000 and within 300 of each other.  Have any sets like this traded lately, and at what price ?

DW69K0

• View Profile
Here are the latest two frame and engine sales from US eBay. At $ 1,800 each. Low numbers in good condition with clear titles bring best money of course.
Duane 

Re: Sand Cast On Ebay
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 10:22:52 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Here they are on eBay:
Frame:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201482717874?item=201482717874&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

Engine cases:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/69-Honda-CB750-Sand-Cast-Engine-Cases-/201482598278?hash=item2ee94c7786:g:E84AAOSwAKxWagoj&vxp=mtr

Report to moderator     Logged

Sterling1

• View Profile
 Thanks for those links, they are a good starting point.  I'm surprised that the seller wanted to sell them separately when ( in my opinion ) a matching pair should be more valuable. 

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mike, I think these 2 items being referred to were pulled from the auction before the auction finished and the engine cases were very damaged if I remember correctly. Had a front on accident, so maybe the frame was also bent.
I would have thought a good set of cases  and matching frame should be worth $4000 to $5000 or more. These are under the 32xx so I assume the frame has a LH horn mount KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Sterling1

• View Profile
 Yes, left side horn and no damage to frame.   Case had some chain damage which was professionally TIG weld repaired; looks good now.  Case build date is 6-11.