Honda CB750 Sandcast

3813 - E3702 located in France, a new bike for the VIN directory

Aurelia B20

• View Profile
    • Honda 60-70's
In december 2013 I was asked by a friend to evaluate a K0 that was for sale not too far from Lyon. I was very surprised when arriving in a kind of hippy camp and car scrap yard in the middle of nowhere, welcomed by a Citroen 2CV "Batman" !  ;D
Patrick

Aurelia B20

• View Profile
    • Honda 60-70's
In the living-room, near the kitchen, I found that bike that didn't seem to be a K0 at all ...
Front fork and fender K2, speedo K2 and tacho K0, side panels K2, carbs K1/K2 ...
Patrick

Aurelia B20

• View Profile
    • Honda 60-70's
Engine painted in black, a lot of oil leaks, but strange aspect compared to to a diecast, clutch cover with 9 bolts !!!
Quick VIN check : incredible, it's a K0 and an authentic sandcast  :o :o :o
Patrick

Aurelia B20

• View Profile
    • Honda 60-70's
Asking price was not very clear but the guy was not ready to give the bike for less than 5000 €, in cash only as he hadn't a bank account ! ;D
I offered 2500 € and made my inspection report to my friend, we decided to abandon this project as too many parts were not original K0 and the engine probably in very bad condition, even if the guy accepted 2000 € ...  :'(

I don't know where is the bike today ?

I visited other parts of the camp and was astonished by an incredible amount of bikes, look at the pictures !  :o

Good memories from this day !
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:10:41 pm by Aurelia B20 »
Patrick