Honda CB750 Sandcast

Yamiya now selling K0 shock springs . Any Good?

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ash, They're probably a great copy and I doubt the judge of the bike show will ever pick up that your springs are copies. I assume the spring turns are the same so my thought would be use them. Unless I'm reading the price wrong, these are around $50. I can't rechrome my originals for that. One of the few items that is better value than using originals IMHO. ( I have to confess I would  rechrome my originals. Mark knows where I'm coming from)
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
Good copies ... But of copies anyway ...
Once installed, which will see that they are not original?? Probably no person...
But if my old spring are still good and just rusty, I choose to redo the chrome...
And if you want to replace the 13 turns on new models by spring 15 turns, it has no interest ...
For me,  It's just a problem between you and your conscience...;)
Gerard
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:44:55 am by 4pots1969 »

UK Pete

• View Profile
The vast majority of people on here use yamiya parts , sometimes it is the only option, if they are a very close copy i would not hesitate to buy a set , good spot ash

4pots1969

• View Profile
I do not agree... If the springs 15 turns are not available, then you must put the originals absorbers Honda with 13 turns as it is the replacement part Honda... Why cheat by putting the copies??
Put your copied parts... And soon you will not know what is true from what is false... ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 04:57:16 am by 4pots1969 »

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I was very foolish I sold my original '69 shocks to a wily old fox of a gentleman in the wilds of Scotland. But he had little money and used them for his CB750 /sidecar combination which was his everyday  and sole mode of transport so no worries really. Problem is that when you mention K0 or Sandcast the £££ or $$$$ signs start  rollin' in  people's eyes and they want a small fortune for what is basically junk to them, so its going to have to be replicas I am afraid. Plus I don't really like having springs -in chrome and it would definitely cost the same or more to have a pair re-plated in the UK.

markb

• View Profile
Mark knows where I'm coming from)
:D Yes I do.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Aurelia B20

• View Profile
    • Honda 60-70's
I love the terms used by Yamiya : "Authentic replica;D ;D ;D
Patrick

4pots1969

• View Profile
I love the terms used by Yamiya : "Authentic replica"  ;D ;D ;D

Yes, I too love this term... ::) "Authentic replica" ::)  He always made me smile... :D :D

But let's be magnanimous... ::) ::)
I think they just wanted to say "Perfect replica"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:40:30 pm by 4pots1969 »

4pots1969

• View Profile
The vast majority of people on here use yamiya parts , sometimes it is the only option, if they are a very close copy i would not hesitate to buy a set , good spot ash

If this is the ultimate solution...  I agree with you Pete!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 06:47:15 am by 4pots1969 »