Honda CB750 Sandcast

Factory Color Choice Sequences

DW69K0 · 7 · 3246

DW69K0

• View Profile
OK, everyone will laugh at the simplicity of this question,  ;D but could Honda have decided the color of the Sancast by a simple even or odd frame or engine number, or some combination there in?
I have an abundance of candy blue green bikes and only one candy ruby red Sandcast, when I compare my frame vin number all the frames with odd numbers are candy blue green and the even number one is candy ruby red.
I know this theory will not hold for long, so did anyone ever figure out how the factory decided the paint color, I know it was not random (guessing), so what are the theories on how body set colors were decided?
Best,
DW

fire ball bike

• View Profile
I don't know for sure my that my bikes are true to there colors but bike 803 is red bike 2950 is blue 

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
fwiw........  4363 had red h.l. ears and h.l. bucket.  ain't got pics

1865 underside of tank, inside of side covers and h.l ears, b-g.  didn't bother to take pics

2157 definitely had b-g original parts on it, tank underside, h.l. ears.  pics enclosed

232 had all gold ko parts on it, so......... ??? ??? ??? ??? ???  pics enclosed

personally, i believe there might maybe perhaps possibly have been more b-g bikes than red.  back in the day, i remember seeing more b-g than red bikes.

4pots1969

• View Profile
There are no silly theory, because everything is possible ...
Personally, for 1969 and the beginning of 1970 .. I have never seen a blue Sandcast Paris and surrounding...   Only red motorcycles... and yet, I was riding a lot in 69 and 70...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:59:16 am by 4pots1969 »

CBman

• View Profile
I think theory of odd and even numbers, while original sandcast 889 and 1095 were red and 446 was b-g.
I agree with Steve, I think also there were more b-g bikes.
Question is, how these bikes (colours) were produced on assambly line.