Honda CB750 Sandcast

Is This a Scam

kp · 8 · 3603

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think it is, others may not agree
This guy puts the part number in his listing to give the first impression its a genuine part. He even puts the part number in the pre-allocated "manufacturers part number" box. Not until you get to the description does he actually say the magic word reproduction. He's not alone but it is at a minimum misleading

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-CB750-Sandcast-K0-K1-Rear-Inner-Fender-CB-750-CB750K0-69-71-80105-300-000-/321456778067?hash=item4ad8512b53:m:mPWF0yIZUuMqhnt2xSdVemw
Yabba Dabba KP

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
These parts are designed by vic world and sold by JT Marks. I've used them on my bikes. It is a reproduced pat indeed. But a very nice one!
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Ujeni
Yes I agree that the part is a great copy. My problem is the way it's listed for sale. There is an impression given that it is a genuine part which its not. Any Cepok and another EU seller also play this game to the point I've seen Mr Cepok advertise reproduction parts as genuine. Maybe I'm being too picky.
Yabba Dabba KP

UK Pete

• View Profile
No your not being picky KP, It means we have to read through stuff carefully but JT Marks does get really hard to find parts and charges a hefty sum but they are the real deal, his repro stuff should really be that in the title,
 i have been coned by cepok in germany, he is a bad seller some of his stuff is good and some stuff he sends is not the parts you see in the picture he sends on the later part yet you have paid over the top for and old stock hard to get part, he is always at it steer clear

4pots1969

• View Profile
That's even worse...  >:( >:(
“New Old Stock with some very light rust not affecting usage"
That share is not new and not sandcast ...
Of course, this guy is smart he will not repeated in the description .... like that, it sows doubt in the mind of a potential buyer and it can defend itself in litigation...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-NOS-CB750-Primary-Chain-Sprocket-Unit-CB750K-Sandcast-750-23110-300-030-/221752203104?vxp=mtr&hash=item33a1761760
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 08:20:40 am by 4pots1969 »

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
JT is a good guy, I have bought many parts from him for different Hondas I have.  He is easy to work with and goes out of his way when a problem occurs to fix it.  He charges a lot, but he has the good stuff, if you don't like his prices you can keep looking I guess.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i don't believe KP is saying Joe not being a good guy. 

I believe KP is referring to the ad wording being misleading, a potential buyer possibly confusing original for repro parts.

4pots1969

• View Profile
JT is a good guy, I have bought many parts from him for different Hondas I have.  He is easy to work with and goes out of his way when a problem occurs to fix it.  He charges a lot, but he has the good stuff, if you don't like his prices you can keep looking I guess.

I also think it's probably a good guy ... It's not an amateur for the sandcast and I think he knows his job so he does not need to make questionable ads for sales...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:03:47 pm by 4pots1969 »